Wednesday, October 31, 2018

TRUNK or TREAT TO END A BUSY FUN MONTH

Amen....
Halloween 2018 started off beautiful sunny and warm. All the kids were here early and ate their breakfast . I got chores done and then took RL to pre-school. She had on her Halloween shirt on what they call "orange" day.
I came straight home and had a quick breakfast then headed over to Asheville for my bone density scan leaving hubbie and IR here.
Fortunately the wait was short and of course like always the scan was quick.
I left there and stopped by an older Walmart in Skyland on my route home to pick up some baking supplies for a large order I had taken.
They had everything I needed except frozen coconut but since it is getting close to noon and I am on a tight schedule this afternoon I didn't stop anywhere else thinking I will get it tonight after the days' activities are done. I came home through Terry's Gap which is always a beautiful drive especially this time of year usually but this year there still isn't a lot of color but what there is stands out in the sunshine today.


I got home and unloaded then had a fast lunch and got the first cakes in the ovens by 1:00 which was my goal.
I baked until almost 3:00 and then went straight into getting ready for trunk or treat mode. I got out the Ark from it's storage spot downstairs and then got all the stuffed animals all loaded in the Honda with a blue tarp for the water .
I got hubbie's costume loaded up and got mine out.
We took turns getting chores done early because I'm sure it will be dark by the time we get home tonight. IR was a little trooper all afternoon through all our activity.
Daughter came in from school and helped get IR ready with her costume and help me with mine.
Daughter had to go back to school for the first official basketball practice of the season so IR went with hubbie and me up to church to get set up.
The Ark look very good and hubbie looked great as Noah. Me , well I saw this rainbow costume last year and thought it would go with this Ark / flooding / rainbow promise story very well but ……..
Everyone thought I was dressed as a "Hippie"  !!!!!!!  So that was okay too and I had fun with all the kids.
The trunk or treat was a huge success and there was hundreds of kids that came through.

I got to spend time with my little chickee.....

My little Minion.....

My taller than me now handsome youth g-son who helped with the games for the kids.....
My little pink kitten and this little fireman, except the little fireman didn't think much of my costume and acted like he didn't know who I was the entire evening !!
Re's trunk was a "you pick orchard"....

D-in-love's trunk was Minion related and she was Lucy.....


Everyone had loads of fun and got loads of candy.

Daughter and son-in-love both made it to enjoy the festivities with IR.

Hubbie and I got home around 8:00 and unloaded and put away all the trunk supplies then went to Ingles to get the coconut for the icings.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
It has been a busy but fun last day of October, a fitting day to end this very busy but fun month.
This October has been a strange weather month to go along with most of the entire year of 2018 with summer like weather on most days. We did have a one day first frost and freeze on the 20th and hurricane Michael gave us a major flood when he passed through. The temperature ranges for October were above normal in both the high and low catagories.


G-son's first school sport season ended with the loss in the soccer tournament on a penalty kick. We attended the wedding of my nephew Mark to his bride Brooke on the 6th.  We celebrated 2 birthdays on the 16 as #1 son turned 37 and g-son turned 12. I had a busy baking month as market stayed busy all month with the nice weather. We put our 2018 garden to rest with the digging of our potatoes and the planting of the last turnip greens where the chicken tractor had been.
We took the girls to the hay bale maze and some apple house stands on several days to let them enjoy the season.
All in all it was a really nice month and we enjoyed it everyday with all the blessing the Lord choose to send our way.
We are very grateful for today and everyday spent striving to glorify His name in all that we do.
Looking forward to what He has in our plans for November.
God Bless and Good Night

POST NOTE.... This month has been so busy and there are so many pics for the decade series for October 2008 an extra post for this month will follow this one with all those pics.

No comments: