Saturday, October 20, 2018

FIRST FROST AND FREEZE OF THE SEASON

This verse turns out to be very fitting with the beauty in the sky later in the day today.
A light rain was falling as I got the chores done this morning before market.
Today was the first sweater day for me with this rain and cool low 40's temps to begin the day.
We made it to market on time this morning and got set up before daughter and IR got there. Hubbie took IR walking and daughter and I stayed steadily busy most of the morning.
We are very thankful for the extension of the season this year.
Daughter had to leave about noon and she and IR went to the high school to sponsor the FCA activity going on this afternoon.
Hubbie left to make a Sam's Club stop and get home to clean off our garden and glean any vegetables that are left.
The coldest temps of the season and the first frost and freeze warnings are up for our area for the next two nights.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a really wintery feeling day with the chill factor below freezing all day.

I left market on time and made a stop at Ingles for a couple things hubbie didn't find and then came home to unload.
After a snack hubbie went back to the garden and I started moving things around in the house to bring my plants back inside for the winter.
My wood stove décor in the living room went from this....
To this with the large Christmas cactus taking up a spot on the stove out of the reach of the girls.
I'm sure it will be in full bloom shortly with it's bright pink blossoms.
My green house shelves in the basement were filled for the winter.
And I walked around the yard to say a fond farewell to all my blooming beauties that are still so pretty who most likely are enjoying their last sunshine.



I even found some very confused Azaleas.
As we both finished up our winter gathering in task I noticed there was a red glow to the evening and as I got chores done the skies in both the west and east were aglow.


G-son came up tonight and had supper with us and we had a very nice visit with him. He is getting to be so independent and smart.
Hubbie and I are going to bed early tonight as the winds are getting really high this evening and we wonder what we will wake up to tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: