Tuesday, October 9, 2018

INSIDE PLAY DAY

This verse today reminded me of how much I miss the walks I used to take everyday and that I should find time for these again as I miss seeing all of God's handiwork and beauty .

I heard my alarm this morning and was waiting for g-son with his waffles ready. Daughter came in with all 3 kids later than usual and I put the waffles on a paper plate for him to eat on the way to school and they were off leaving the girls behind.
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school in a light rain. IR rode along with us as hubbie took the mattress to the dump early this morning before the heavy rains get here.
IR got to walk with RL to her class and she loved that.
We came home and were having our breakfast when hubbie got back from the dump.
After we all ate I did some ironing while hubbie and IR played .
I picked RL up and we came home and both girls took short naps while hubbie and I had lunch then the girls had their lunch together. 
Some days they are such sweethearts to one another and at lunch today that was true. RL announced that she thought she was a very good big sister as she shared her strawberry pieces with IR after they had mac and cheese  for lunch.


We spent a cloudy misty afternoon playing in the living room with only one trip outside to help Pawpaw let the dogs out.
There was only a little over 1/10th inch in the rain gauge this afternoon from the misty rain.
Hurricane Michael is now a cat 3 storm and is quickly moving through the gulf giving little time for folks to evacuate the coastal areas where he is predicted to make landfall.
Some of the models have Michael maintaining hurricane strength all the way across land and when it goes back out to sea off the east coast.
A devastating storm surge is expected in areas that haven't seen a major hurricane in many years.  Since 1950 there have only been a couple major hurricanes that have made landfall along the panhandle with Eloise in 1975 hitting Destin and Opal in 1995 hitting Pensacola as a cat 3 storms.
Praying tonight for all the folks in this storms path.
Thankful for the blessings I received on this day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

I want to tell you that I love the little devotionals you are posting each day. I am praying for all in the hurricanes path. Especially for my son and his family who live in Athens, GA. Blessings