Saturday, October 13, 2018

GOOD MARKET DAY

Amen   ….
That extra hour of sleep felt good this cool morning. We don't have any heat on in the house and still have the fan running over our bed so the 49 degree morning temps are very refreshing when we wake up.
I did chores then got ready to go to market. We made it on time and there was only a couple customers already there .
We had a busy selling day and hubbie stayed and helped for awhile. Daughter and her family made a weekend trip to see one of son-in-love's brothers in the middle part of the state so we were on our own today.
Hubbie left to make  stops to pick up the shelf for the TV and  Sam's Club  and then home to rake leaves in the yard.
I had a good selling day which I am thankful for.
I made a stop at Ingles on my way home to pick up lunch supplies for tomorrow.
Hubbie helped me unload and then we had the broccoli / cheese soup from the soup vendor at market and it was very good for an early supper.
We went up to the barn to work on and clean up the old shelf we bought. Hubbie took a trim from the top of it so he could add a board to make it wider and discovered it was really old because these old square nails were holding the trim.
I remember seeing some of these nails when I was very young and I always thought they would really be hard to hammer into the wood because of their square tips but I remember my dad saying he had rather use square nails because they never split the boards.
This shelf cleaned up very well and is perfect for our new TV stand and an added book shelf for the girls books. We still wonder what the original purpose for it was ??



We moved the old stand into the storage building and then watched the news to give our backs a rest before we did chores.
Daughter sent these pics from their family weekend with Brad,  son-in-love's brother.


I am glad to get things done and get to sit down and rest my aching feet and back tonight. Hopefully a good hot bath and I might get the heating pad on my sore back tonight to help feel better in the morning.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and looking forward to worshipping my Lord with my church family tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: