Sunday, October 28, 2018

RESTFUL SUNDAY AND 1998 MEMORIES

Amen...…
A little different Sunday morning as hubbie and I dragged out of the warm bed covers in to the refreshing morning. Hubbie had a pretty rough night with coughing causing him to get a head ache so he decided it was time for a trip to minit clinic.
I got chores done and we had breakfast then he headed out. I decided I would not go to church with my coughing either so I stayed home and prepared lunch. We both hate to miss church but I know I cringe if someone is coughing around me so I feel like no one appreciates you going and maybe spreading germs around.
 I fixed a smoked turkey that was found in the bottom of the freezer , mashed potatoes, green beans, creamed corn, dressing, candied sweet potatoes, biscuits and gravy with sweet tea to drink. Re and the kids who also missed church with coughs and colds , #1 son's family and #2 son were our guest. Hubbie made it back just before noon with meds for a sinus infection so thankfully he has nothing catching anyway.
After we all ate the kids played outside for a while and then everyone left. Hubbie and I felt like we both could use an afternoon of quiet rest and that is exactly what we did. He watched TV and snoozed and I read a magazine and then napped in bed on and off for a couple hours. I will probably be sorry tonight but maybe another dose of Nyquil will help me sleep.
I got up and ate some left overs for supper then got chores done and took a nice walk. The wind is beginning to blow and we are under a high wind advisory all night .
A few clouds blew in this evening bringing a chance of showers overnight.
I also noticed that there is some yellows and golds starting to show in the leaf colors. I'll make better pics when the sun is shining as this one was a little blurry because of the cloudiness. Although after the high winds there may not be many leaves left on the trees.
I walked for about 30 minutes and pledged to start doing this each evening to help get my health back up to where it was.
I had my first cup of fresh ginger root tea tonight and it was really good. The health benefits of this are very good and thankfully one of the neighbor farms has started growing fresh ginger. I sliced off about an inch of a root and brought it with 2 cups of water to a boil then let it simmer for 15 minutes. It was a very good drink with a little honey to sweeten it.
I need to get more decade pics on here to catch up so tonight the memories from October 1998 come in.
One of my high school friends had built a nice log building on 64 highway in Edneyville and had asked me to come in with my crafts for sale there. She gave a very good discount rate to help her run the place. She and I along with another one of the crafters in there decided to have a Fall Apple Festival that year and we contacted Congressman Charles Tayler who came to hear the apple growers concerns after facing a challenging growing year.
The festival was a huge success and the paper did a follow up article.
Also that year my niece got married to her high school sweet heart. Unfortunately this marriage has since dissolved. 

This is hubbie with his mom and dad and his brother, the father of the bride that day.
Tonight we are continuing our relaxing Sunday and heading to bed early.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope you all are feeling better very soon. Blessings and healing prayers sent.