Wednesday, October 10, 2018

HURRICANE MICHAEL MAKES LANDFALL

This is another thing I miss about my long walks each day because this was always my time to talk and pray with the Lord.

Up early to get this day started with breakfast for g-son and the girls then I went out in the rain to get chores done. Thankfully it's a light rain so far from the outer bands of hurricane Michael as he closes in on the Florida panhandle.

I dropped RL off at her pre-school and came home for a hurried breakfast for me. I have my annual regular physical exam this morning in Asheville at Dr. Vickory's office.
I left about 9:40 to make it to my 10:15 appointment time. Thankfully with the rain this morning there was very little traffic and I made it with time to spare.
I didn't have to wait long and the visit went okay. Only problems I have are that my bad cholesterol has risen sharply from 109 last year to 153 this year so she gave me the name of a supplement to go get to try until January with a better diet and we will see if that helps. Also my vitamin D level is still just out of the lower limit and she said to double my dose of that.
I made a stop to pick up the new cholesterol  pills and headed home.
On the way home is usually one of my favorite Fall drives through the mountains but not today.
The rain and fog was thick so I couldn't see the mountains anyway but where I could see told me the same story as everywhere else that the  leaves haven't changed color this year.



I made it home just in time for lunch with hubbie while IR napped. Other g-ma has RL today down at #1 son's house.
After lunch I started baking , 2 chocolate, 2 pound, 1 blackberry wine and some brownies. While baking I watched the news feeds on TV showing the arrival of the hurricane as it hit Florida about 2:00 this afternoon with winds just a few mphs less than a category 5 storm.

The devastation showing in these broadcasts was terrible. This area of Florida has never been hit with a storm this strong and entire houses were swept away by the high winds and storm surge that was predicted to reach 14 feet in places.


To put this hurricane in order of strength of all the hurricanes that have hit anywhere in this country it comes in as the fourth strongest.

I finished baking and then played with IR until her mom came after her.
I did chores and dumped 1.35 inches of rain from the gauge.  The wind is picking up here some now as the storm moves inland and its still a strong cat 3 hurricane even as it enters Georgia.
I did weekly paperwork and paid bills before icing cakes and getting things ready for market. Hubbie loaded everything in the Honda tonight and moved it to the barn out of danger of falling limbs.
The rain has really gotten heavier tonight as I get ready for bed.
This was a map of what to expect from earlier today so I hope they are correct.
To add to the concerns for this hurricane season there was another storm named today as Nadine makes her way across the ocean we hold our breath to see where she goes.



Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the folks who are dealing with this storm.
God Bless and Good Night.




No comments: