Monday, October 15, 2018

WONDOW WASHING and TOURNAMENT WIN

Amen...….
An early Monday morning comes hard for me always but I took it in stride and was up and going when d-in-love got here with g-son and g-daughter RL.  G-son had plenty of time to leisurely eat his waffles and chocolate milk today as daughter is out of work sick today so hubbie will be taking him to school later than daughter usually does.
RL and I stayed home and read some new books I had. She isn't feeling good again and has a terrible rattling sound in her throat.
When hubbie got back he got her some breakfast while I did chores . I took her to pre-school and ordered her school pictures then came home and had breakfast. I called daughter on my way home to see if I needed to pick up g-daughter IR but she was feeling a little better so she said she would bring her over later.
After I ate I gathered the laundry and got the first load started then hubbie and I tackled the sunroom windows. We didn't clean them last year and we could really tell how dusty and dirty they were. Hubbie removes the screens and washes them with the spray nozzle on the hose and a brush while I wash the windows and window frames.
We worked hard all morning and got all the ground level windows washed on the outside and the double French doors all cleaned before it was time to pick up RL from pre-school.
While I was gone to pick her up hubbie painted around the door.
When we got home daughter and IR were here and there was no nap taking for RL with her cousin here.
Daughter was still feeling pretty bad so she rested in the recliner and hubbie and I fixed the girls some chicken nuggets and mac and cheese for lunch. When I was cooking the mac and chees in the microwave there was a terrible rubber burning smell that hubbie thought the cup holding the mac and cheese was melting but that wasn't it.  It didn't take long to figure out what was burning as when I tried to heat my left overs the microwave was dead, we knew it was a wire on the microwave that burned. This microwave is 5 years old so it is time for a new one.
I gave the dog my left overs and went to the stove to cook my lunch the old fashioned way . I cooked bacon and eggs in a frying pan and had a bacon, egg and tomato sandwich for lunch.
It always amazes me that you aren't aware of how much you use these modern conveniences until they are gone and it seems everything we needed for the girls or us the rest of the afternoon needed to be microwaved !!!!!
I did a couple more loads of laundry then ran to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine for daughter.
I came back and then we got ready to go to g-son's first soccer tournament game. Thankfully they are the top seed today and the game is here.
It is a beautiful day for a game but it is back to the unseasonable hot sunshine.
They were playing Macon county middle school and it was a very good game but Apple Valley won 2-0 to advance to the championship game against Flat Rock on Wednesday. Thankfully since we won both games with Flat Rock during the season the championship game will be here also.

We all came home and I rested for a few minutes while I watched the news then we did chores.
After chores we made a trip out to Walmart to pick up another microwave. It is the same size as the one we have had but a different brand. Our old one was a GE and this one is a Hamilton Beach.
It has a few new features that the old one lacked that I am anxious to try out.
G-daughter RL tried on her Minion Halloween costume tonight.

Hubbie and I are both really beat tonight and looking forward to an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength God gives us each day to get done what  we get done.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: