Sunday, October 21, 2018

NURSERY DUTY and BIRTHDAY SUNDAY

Amen.... I'm so glad I have a best friend in Jesus.
One of those "ahhhh" Sunday mornings feels even better under the warm covers when the temperature is 33 outside and we can hear our heat pump running for the first time on the heat setting.
Hubbie remarked that the heat pump didn't get any rest at all this year as we usually get to turn it off for the fall season and have the windows open but not this year as the summer temps lasted until the winter temps began.
I got chores done and then had breakfast. Hubbie had potatoes and corn on the cob on the stove to boil and I cut up sweet potatoes to baked and got the smoked ham in the oven before we headed up to church.
Today was our quarterly nursery duty and hubbie, #1 son and I took care of 5 little ones including g-daughter RL.

It's amazing how much fun these three had looking up through the mesh on this little chair.

D-in-love came in and relieved me to get home just after noon and get the ham out of the oven and get green beans and bread on to cook.
When the kids came in they had a rousing game of Hungry Hippo.
We had a delicious lunch and then had g-son a caramel birthday cake for dessert. We were missing IR from the party .
G-son put the candles on and lit them himself and had the little ones all mesmerized by the time it was time to blow the candles out.



He also had plenty of help blowing out the candles.
After they all left hubbie went outside to clean our chimney out as we worried last night with the high winds that if the power went out we would be afraid to build a fire because this hadn't been done yet.
While he was on the roof he blew the leaves out of all the gutters.
Daughter called and after they had rested all day she wanted us to go with her and IR to pick up some pumpkins for a school project . We went over to Linda's Plants and they graciously gave her the remaining 9 pumpkins she needed for her project and she bought a large one to carve into a jack-o-lantern.  I love the willingness of this community to always donate things for the schools.
They had this unique display up to remind folks that October is breast cancer awareness month.
Daughter dropped hubbie and me back off at home and we rested and watched the news. The cold temps are going to get even lower tonight .
We got chores done and then came inside to relax for the evening. My relaxing consisted of getting a start on IR's Halloween costume. I'll give you three guesses what she is going as ????
Got all my clothes laid out for the week and then hooked up the heater in the sunroom for the first night.
I put an ice pack on my left knee last night and it helped a lot with the pain and motion today so I guess I'll do it again tonight. I lay on my heating pad to help keep warm with the ice on my knee.
Each time the seasons change seems my knees flare up with pain and swelling but I'm thankful I have found things that help make it better.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Friend I have in Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the turkey hat. Blessings and stay warm. we are having very cold mornings here. Today was 33 degrees.