Wednesday, October 24, 2018

OUTSIDE WORK DAY AND 1958 MEMORY

Amen...…
UP and out to get the kids breakfast and g-son off to school with daughter and RL to pre-school with me.
I have been intending to wash my Honda for a couple weeks and today I decided to stop back by the carwash since the weather is supposed to get colder and wetter.
I made it home and had my breakfast only a few minutes late.
I discovered when I gathered my baking supplies that I didn't have enough flour for my pound cakes so IR and hubbie went to Ingles with me to get flour and a few other things we needed.
Back home I got my baking started. I only baked 4 pound cakes today since things are really slowing down.
The living room where IR and hubbie were grew very quiet and when I peeked in I discovered why. Hubbie isn't feeling well with a head cold so he and IR were both out like lights !!
I finished my baking and had my lunch while they still snoozed.
They both woke up for a late lunch and I headed outside to work on cleaning out my hen houses.
I got both hen houses cleaned and the chicken tractor in the garden cleaned out. I also re-arranged some things in the green house now turned winter chicken house so that I can put my Silkies all in there for the winter. The net over their lot is ripped in several places and when the snow comes it is always hard to get in and out of their lot to feed and gather their eggs.
I had some intent observers that watched my every move from the safety of these tree limbs.

Hubbie put a door on a wooden box someone gave me that they had been using for their cat to put one of the yard roosters in at night. IR sat in her stroller and watched him work.
We are both trying to use this last pretty day for a while to get our outside work done. This hurricane that came in off the Pacific ocean is going to bring us a lot of rain and cold temps starting tomorrow night.
The temperatures for Friday are going to definitely feel like winter especially with the cold rain !!!
We went inside when daughter came to pick IR up and I realized how sore my muscles were after sitting for a few minutes !
To continue my October decade series these pics are from 1958 today with these pics of my aunts Hattie and Mary with a friend I think named Jimmy if my memory serves me right.
This is Aunt Hattie.....

And Aunt Mary.....
Don't know the occasion but they are sure dressed up for it.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the health that allows me to work and get the things done I need to get done.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings to you. Keep warm as the cold weather approaches.