Thursday, July 21, 2011


Off to market early as the day already is heating up. Market was surprisingly busy for such a hot day. Usually people don't come to a place without air conditioning to shop when it's this hot ,but today I'm glad they did.
When I got the van loaded and left I noticed the reading on my thermometer.
At first I thought it was just because my van had been sitting in the sun but then I passed one of those big temperature signs on the side of the road and it said the same thing.
I hurried through my errands to get out of town into the country where the temperature was only 93, haha !!!!
Daughter was over at her house with the water tester and she said it came a good rain over there this afternoon but we were not so lucky here.
It is hazy and humid this evening.
#1 son and g-son came by this evening for a while. They left early as g-son is starting a new bedtime routine so that he will be ready when his pre-kindergarten begins.
I baked 36 layers tonight for caramel,chocolate and coconut cakes. It is too late to bake the pound and wine cakes that will have to be done tomorrow.

July 1981 was definitely a topsy turvy month. I was 6 months pregnant with #1 son and my dad had in the months before had a major surgery which he could not recover from at his age of 81. Even though I knew his death was inevitable I still was not prepared as I wanted him to see his first grandchild that he was so looking forward to.
So when he passed away on July 8 of that year I thought I was going to lose my baby in spite of all the doctors could do,they could not take the heartache away. I was always a daddy's girl and didn't know what I would do without him. But God was there for me and I didn't lose the baby and He gave me the comfort and strength I needed to deal with this loss.So in just a couple short weeks we went from funeral flowers to wedding flowers.As my youngest brother went ahead with his wedding even under objections from my mother. Who selfishly didn't want her baby boy to leave her house.Here are both my brothers and my Hubbie on the right.Here I am in a dress I made especially for the wedding. I didn't have a part in the ceremony because of my fragile health at the time. I'm standing on the front porch of Hubbies and my home at the time.
I guess if I had to choose a least favorite month July would be a top choice because of losing my father and also it is the month I get a year older every year. Although I still miss my dad very much the pain is replaced with memories of him that will live forever in my heart.JUNE 26,1901 ---JULY 8, 1981 Hard working father.

Good Night and God Bless.


Gail said...

He is with you. He knows his grandson and all that came after.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hope you named that first baby boy after your sweet Daddy... I'm sure your Daddy is smiling down on your great life now.

My Dad died in 1969--before my last two sons were born. I was the apple in my Daddy's eyes also... He was SO special.

We got lucky yesterday. Had some rain most of the day (drizzly) which cooled things off here... Today though ---it's HOT again.