Wednesday, July 6, 2011


Today started off dreary and drizzly but steamy hot,yuck !!
#1 son called at 7:30 to tell me the man who bought his trailer would be here soon. Son was headed to Asheville to doctors appointments today and asked if I would make sure the buyer had everything he needed.
He arrived at 8:30 and skillfully got the trailer hooked up and away he went. I finished chores and came inside to have breakfast. Already sweating at 8:30 in the morning,you know it is going to be a miserable day.
I cleaned floors all morning waiting for g-son to arrive. D-in-love brought him after 11 so I was finished with the floors and they were dry so that worked out well.
I did a couple more loads of month ending linen laundry still holding out on the rugs until I can hang them outside.
G-son was really subdued today,didn't really want to do much but watch cartoons.
I grabbed my camera to photograph a Carolina Wren building a nest in a gourd outside the living room window when he said " aren't you going to take a picture of me?"

Together we watched as mama Wren carried long sticks and gently worked them through the hole into the gourd.G-son wants to fly like the wren. He said if God would lift him up on the clouds he could fly back down. I remember wanting to fly when I was young,running around with my arms held straight out in hopes that my feet would leave the ground behind.

I went to the back to see if any hummingbirds had taken advantage of their new feeder.As I looked around I soon discovered why they weren't at the feeder.
I watched as several hummers flitted about the sweet Mimosa blooms slurping up the nectar.
Glad I choose this time to come outside looking for these little guys,I got some great pics.

The rains returned this evening with some lightening and thunder not to far away. I hurried through chores before I got too wet.
G-son stayed here while his mom and dad went to Bible study at church.
I did all my weekly paperwork and bill paying while waiting for the storm to pass,I don't like to be in the kitchen with the stove going while it's storming.
I iced caramel,chocolate and coconut cakes tonight,wrapped and labeled everything ready for market.
My back is hurting tonight along with one of my ankles. I know why my ankle is hurting as I smacked it into a rocking chair rocker while sweeping off the porch this afternoon. But my back I don't know why it is hurting,maybe all the vacuuming, sweeping and mopping I did this morning.
Thanking God for the many blessings of today.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy from Tennessee said...

HI Marilyn, We finally got some rain about noon today ---not long and not hard, but at least SOME.. It just keeps going all around us.

I need to get my hummingbird feeders back out. Took them in while we were on vacation...Keep forgetting to put them back out.

Cute little wren house.... I need to get some of them... Our Carolina Wrens keep trying to built their nest in our garage... ha

Have a great day tomorrow.

Gail said...

We finally got some rain last night but as of yet, don't know how much. Every drop is blessed and we needed it badly.

Hope you are feeling better.

I wish I had your ambition and energy! I can't seem to get much done besided trudging to a day's work and back. The funny thing is, noone has noticed it but me!