Tuesday, July 5, 2011

STORMY AFTERNOON

Today started off really foggy and I was hoping for enough sunshine to dry some laundry.
I took a chance and hung out a load of towels about 10:30 as the sun started trying to make an appearance.
Between cleaning and first of the month linen changes I managed to dry most of what I needed to before the rain and storms began around 3pm.
We had a terrible lightening storm and there was a strike really close to our house. It sounded like it was up on top of the hill nearer my brothers house. There are some tall pine trees up there and I figure one of them took the hit. Our phone was knocked out for a while but came back on after I called and reported it out.

This is one of two house that were struck by lightening during this storm in our area. This house is on the other side of town and is a total loss. The other house was just over the road from us but it only had minor damage. Thanking God tonight for His protection during this storm.
I poured out about 6/10 of rain from the gauge this evening as I did chores,it was sill misting rain but the heavy rains have passed.
On the weather tonight they said some places got as much as 5 inches of rain this afternoon.
Baked cakes tonight for 3 hours. The week after a holiday is typically a slow one so we'll see how this one goes.
Grateful to God tonight for His love and protection.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow--you all have really had the storms.. We got about an inch of rain about 6:30 last night --and nothing at all today. It was all around us both days... We need rain--but not those severe storms....

Take care, my friend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Julie Harward said...

Just when we get to feeling so secure Mother Nature comes knocking at our door, that is scary! Looks like you had a great 4th! :D

Gail said...

I paniced THEN I read the post. This is horrible to happen but I am so relieved it was not your place!

We could use that five inches of rain but gently over two days.

Stay safe and cool.