Monday, July 18, 2011

TOMATO MONDAY

Late start this morning after not sleeping well at all last night. I think the tall glass of ice tea I had just before bedtime was the wrong thing to drink that late.
Anyway my animals forgave me as soon as they saw the food in my hands.
I refilled all the bird feeders for my feathered friends.
As I ate breakfast I decided on my schedule for today and sat out to make a couple large Avon deliveries.
Back home I cut the remainder of money plant and bagged and loaded it in the van to take to market. As I did this it started raining but really never got going enough to do any good and then the sun came out to steam things up. Even with the early clouds and shower the temperature reached 87 this afternoon.
Hubbie had gathered all the tomatoes off before spraying and they were waiting !!
We only grow heirloom varieties and we get different shapes and colors but boy do they taste good !!
They also look really pretty canned in jars.
This was another job for today that I could cross off the list !

Hubbie took 1/2 day off this afternoon and he and #2 son who is taking a week off from his P.O. job worked over at daughter's house getting the garage door up and running.
Daughter is working back at school this week and next.
I took time to rest some this evening as my back has been bothering me today. I was afraid I was getting a kidney infection until I remembered lugging a large bag of bird seed around yesterday.
I baked 48 cake layers tonight. I thought I was going to get to bed early but that's not happening. It's after midnight and I'm waiting to get the last ones out of the oven.
God has blessed me today as He does each day and I am so thankful for His care.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Gail said...

48 cakes, canning tomatoes, and a bag of bird seed...and you still wonder why your back is hurting?

Doesn't good work make your heart sing? The tomatoes look wonderful. I am not familiar with the very dark ones.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I agree with Gail... You try to do too much I think!!!! Take care of YOU.

Great looking tomatoes....I haven't eaten a yellow tomato in a long time --and used to love them....

No rain here yesterday --and still not horribly hot YET.

Hugs,
Betsy

NCmountainwoman said...

You are one busy woman! The tomatoes do indeed look lovely in the jars. What a sweet sound to hear the ping of the lid sealing.