Thursday, October 19, 2017

1987 MEMORIES

Both g-daughters were here extra early this morning. The temp again was 36 but there was no evidence of frost today around here.
I did chores and got ready for market. We made it to RL's pre-school on time today and my nephew who had just arrived with his son sat in the car with IR while I walked RL in to her class room, Thanks Aaron !!
I met hubbie at market and since there were no customers yet and IR was getting hungry fussy we fed her before getting set up.
Connie, Josh's mom, arrived just as she finished her bottle and took her to daughter's house to stay with her today.
After we got set up hubbie left to get his errands done. I had a slower day today as expected with the colder weather moving in but I am thankful for all I did sell.
I left market and ran my errands at the bank and PO and Aldi and Walmart then stopped at Farm Bureau and paid some insurances policies.
I made it home at 4:30 and hubbie helped me unload. We rested and watched the news then did chores.
I had to work on our security camera this evening as after a recharge yesterday it was only taking black videos of traffic in and out today. I think I got it fixed by re-setting it.
I also watered all the plants I brought inside the other day and got them set up for their winter stay inside.
Since this is one of those rare no pic days it is a good time to start the decade pics for October. The first year I found any pics was 1987 and of course with 3 little ones and a birthday and Halloween their were plenty of them.
First the 6th birthday of #1 son with a party at our house with all the family.

He is held by Goldie Pryor , his maternal grandmother in this pic.


At that time I was still working at Norton Diamond Tool Division and #2 son and daughter were at a daycare ran by a friend of mine, Sheila Corn and she was taking #1 son who was in Kindergarten to Edneyville Elementary and picking him up since my work hours wouldn't allow me to do either.
She had pics made of all the kids at the daycare that year and it was the first time daughter had smiled in a photo.


She even had a pic made of #1 son after school .
He also had his school picture made that year.
His kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Hamilton and he had a great first year of school.
Of course they dressed up for Halloween and went trick or treating at a few family houses.
As I found these two pictures from that year they sure jarred a lot of old memories for me as I looked across our pasture at my dad's old barn that he built all by himself and we used it for several years when we started farming. I remember spending alot of time in this old barn with my dad stacking hay bales and feeding cattle. I remember all the wood shavings for the chicken house were dumped in the upstairs of this barn and he would back a trailer pulled by his Alis Chalmers WD45 tractor under a trap door in the barn floor and we would get to kick the shavings down into the trailer. I can't tell you how many times my older brother and I went sliding through that trap door into that wagon giggling all the way and landing on those soft shavings.

Thankful for all the old memories that bring smiles to my face each month when I do these decade pics and I humbly thank my Awesome God for the life He led me through.
God Bless and Good night




                                    

No comments: