Wednesday, October 18, 2017

PUMPKIN PATCH PICS

There was some spotty frost around the farm this morning but the garden was sparred because it is at the edge of the woods but the upper pasture had some sparkle from ole Jack Frost with the rising sun.


G-daughters were both here early and happy today.

 RL was ready to get to her pre-school and sang songs all the way there.
My low tire emblem was lit up and after driving thru several stations that were charging $1 for air I finally found free air at Quality gas house but I couldn't find my tire gauge that I have in my Honda so after several attempts to get the light off I gave up and went home to let hubbie check it out with his gauge and air tank.
While he checked my tire I fed IR her first bottle.
The tire was supposed to have 35lbs of air and only had 28lbs so hopefully I let some air out of it when I tired to put air in at Quality and I don't have a nail of something in it. He aired it up and we will keep a check on it.
IR was watching her favorite TV ,Daniel Tiger and I started baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 5 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake before having a late lunch.
After IR woke up and had her afternoon bottle we decided today would be a good day to see if we could get a good pic of her at the pumpkin farm nearby.
She was very co-operative for a few good pics.



We made it home before schools let out to beat all the traffic and settled in to wait for her mom.
Daughter fed her and then I went with her back out to the high school for her to keep score at the last volleyball game of the season.
G-daughter loves making new friends at the games.

I came home right after the game and did the chores. The white Silkie hatched 6 chicks but one was already dead this evening and she also had one egg that didn't hatch so she has five little black chicks.
That's a very good percentage for hatch as out of the 14 eggs I put under the 2 hens I have 12 chicks.
As I was finishing up chores hubbie came outside and yelled for me to look in the southern sky and we could see the space shuttle gliding across the sky. All I had was my cell phone but in this pic I circled the light from the shuttle.

I came inside after chores and did weekly paperwork and paid bills before icing my cakes and getting things ready for market. I also watched part of Survivor with hubbie before ending the night at about 11:30.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: