Monday, October 2, 2017

HISTORIC LAS VEGAS MASSACRE

Another beautiful morning but it is 38 degrees , brrrr get out the jackets !!!
I did chores and took g-daughter RL to preschool. I took these pics from red lights on the way home of the beautiful Fall sky .

During my hurried early morning I had not heard any news since the TV's all are tuned into cartoons early so when I got home and turned the TV to the news channel while I ate breakfast I heard about the shooting in Las Vegas in the early morning hours. A well planned massacre killed about 60 people and injured over 500 as this man who has spent the last several days in a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel opened fire on the crowd at a country music concert.
His name is Stephen Paddock and there is no evidence that he is a terrorist or involved with any religion or terrrorist group. He is 62 years old.


Police found an arsonal of 12 guns ,most high powered machine guns and found that he had even built shooting stands in front of the 2 windows he shot out of. He had a camera set up in the hall and as soon as he saw the police getting close to his room he shot himself.
There was total panic when the gunfire started with folks not knowing even which direction the bullets were coming from because of how high up he was and the distance he was away.


His hotel room was about 1100 feet from the concert venue.
This is the worst massacre in the history of our country with this many innocent victims losing their lives.
I pray today for all the families of the victims and for all the police and first responders who described the scene as a war zone.
Thoughts of this senseless evil deed took over my thoughts pretty much all day as I went through the motions of getting my routine Monday things done.
The low temp this morning scared hubbie into gathering the last of the Hot Banana Peppers and pickling a couple jars this morning while g-daughter IR took a nice morning nap.
 Mondays are usually really hard for her as she misses her mom after the weekend but today I changed her feeding schedule to only 3 ounces of milk every 2 hours instead of  4 ounces every 3 hours and she seems to be more satisfied .
I filled the morning hours with laundry and changing out all the furniture covers and bed covers with more Fall covers.
I also changed out the curtain valences in the living room so I can wash the flowered ones that have been up all summer.
I wanted to work on more decor changes but hubbie needed to fix one of the wheels on my new chicken tractor so we can move them to some more green grass this evening so I stayed inside and took care of both g-daughters while he did that.
Daughter and d-in-love came to pick the girls up about the same time and then hubbie and I watched the news before choretime.
The hens in the new tractor enjoyed their new grass after we moved them.
I added a couple of the Cuckoo Moran pullets I bought this spring as they are refusing to stay in the uncovered lots I have them in. Two of them are fine and seem perfectly satisfied to be in the open lot but these two are always outside the lot every evening. So they cannot get out of this new tractor and they will have to make friends with the older hens and rooster that are in there.
I feel very tired tonight and my nose is burning so I hope I am not getting a cold to go with the changing weather right now.
Praying intensely for the folks in Las Vegas tonight as they grieve their loses , may they look to God for comfort.
These senseless events just make me grow closer to Jesus Christ who is my loving Savior and it seems the more this country pulls away from Him the more of these bad things happen.
The devil sure seems to be at work dividing the people of this country on every issues and that sets us up for certain destruction.
This quote by President Lincoln has been on my mind all day.
Guiltily thankful for all my blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night








1 comment:

linda m said...

Hubby and I spent the whole day watching this tragedy on TV. It is so sad. The Devil sure is hard at work these days. Praying for all the victims and their families. Blessings