Sunday, October 22, 2017

1997 MEMORIES

Up to greet this Sunday morning slowly with still a nagging cough. Hubbie didn't sleep well at all last night as his back hurt and it was his first night without a dose of Nyquil in several nights.
As we pondered the day we decided not to grace everyone at church with our coughing spells.
Forgive us Lord.
 We had corn beef in the crockpot so I made a brocolli casserole in the other crockpot  while hubbie boiled cabbage and mashed potatoes and cooked green beans. I also made an apple crisp and he made biscuits.
We set the table and waited for church to be over and everyone to arrive.
Re and the kids came first then Aa came in from the soybean field as #1 son's family arrived.
We all ate and the corn beef was really delicious. #2 son and Tif came in a little late and ate also.
Everyone had a great visit.
After they all left hubbie sat down to watch a race and I put up some clothes and then headed out to clean out my hen houses. I cleaned them in July before we went on vacation which has been about 3 months ago. I will clean them now and by the time cold temperatures set in they will have enough manure built up for extra heat on cold nights.
Hubbie came up and carried all the manure to refill some of the raised beds for next year's plantings.
I wore a dust mask the entire time I shoveled but almost  have a headache tonight and my throat is really scratchy so hopefully this doesn't aggravate my already inflamed airways.
I put it off from last weekend thinking I would surely be over this crap by now !!!
We also moved the garden chicken tractor to a new green spot.
By the time I finish this cleaning it was choretime .
We came inside after chores and rested for the evening.
Daughter and son-in-love went to the pumpkin farm today for pics and they are really good as g-daughter IR was all smiles.

Back in October 1997 the kids were 16,14,12 so there wasn't much Halloween fun with the teenage boys but daughter and a couple friends still got into the spirit for the church carnival !
Carla Ellis, daughter (the bee), Rachel Owenby. 

Fun memories and I actually still wear this apron that Carla has on from time to time !!
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day and praying that it be God's will that hubbie and I both kick this crud soon.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: