Wednesday, October 25, 2017

2007 MEMORIES

Up to greet the grand girls at 7:15 today as usual. I did the chores and then took RL to pre school .
Back home I had breakfast and then started baking cakes. I baked 2 chocolate, 2 pound, 1 blackberry wine and 1 pan of brownies. I think things will definitely slow down this week with the cold weather and rain predictions for tomorrow and Saturday.
IR has played and watched cartoons all morning with only a very short early nap. After her noon feeding she slept for about 30 minutes then woke up crying and hubbie and I took turns trying everything we knew to get her calmed down and back to sleep but today nothing worked. Finally after over an hour she stopped crying and layed in hubbie's lap just looking around until sleep finally over took her.
She was still sleeping when her mom came after her at 4:00 but when she work up she didn't seem hungry at all. Maybe she is getting older and her feeding schedule needs to change.
Daughter said she hasn't been nursing as much as she was even just last week.
After they left hubbie and I rested and watched the news. The "s" word is in the weekend forecast for the higher mountains for the first time this season and we are expecting the coldest temps of the season over the weekend also.

I did evening chores and you certainly can feel the chill in the air tonight. Now if it will just stay cool so we can all get over the cruddy coughs and snotty noses it will be great.
I came inside and did weekly paperwork and paid bills.
I joined hubbie to watch Survivor on TV then iced cakes and wrapped and got things ready for market.
I am tired tonight so thankfully I finished so I could get an early bedtime. However my cough has reared it's ugly head again tonight and I can hardly catch a breath without coughing !!
Just when I think I have this thing kicked seems it is determined to prove me wrong !!
Since I made no pics today it is a great time to finish out the decade pics for the month. Back in October 2007 g-son was the light of our lives as he celebrated his first birthday and his first Halloween.
His first birthday party was at d-in-love's parents house in Chimney Rock.

D-in-love's dad's mother and hubbie and g-son styling Pawpaw's sunglasses.



Bernie always let g-son do anything with him.
He was a little stinker alright !!!!

If my memory serves me correctly I think g-son's first Halloween was a stay at home sick affair. He and Roxie his dog celebrated together quietly.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love and grace of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: