Monday, October 9, 2017

FALL COLORS BEGINNING TO SHOW

Monday morning showing in these faces today !!!
There was an additional 1 inch of rain in the gauge from overnight and it is very humid this morning.
I took g-daughter RL to preschool and as I came home and  turned into the driveway I had to dodge this huge Mud Turtle that must have gotten mis-directed during the rain last night. He was a big guy ,well over 12 inches from nose to tail so I left him alone to go his merry way since he was luckily out of the road and headed for the ditch.
I got laundry started while g-daughter IR took her morning nap.
While she slept I also went out to my sewing shop and cut out 26 small eyelet lace pillows. I have an order for 10 of these to ship to Charleston this week and need to restock my supply at market.
I went to pick up RL from school and today was picture day but they said she wasn't in a smiley mood so hopefully they got a good pic.
She ate her chicken nuggets I brought with me and went to sleep. We put her on the couch when we got home and she slept until almost 2:00.
IR ate her bottle and took another nap also.
I finished laundry and worked some on my pillows until they both woke up.
I played inside with IR while hubbie took RL out to swing .
It has been mostly cloudy this afternoon but it feels like an August muggy hot humid day outside.
RL came inside and IR was happy to see her cousin. I love how these two look so lovingly at one another.
Aunt T brought a halloween costume idea for RL to try on today and it fit perfectly.
After the girls left hubbie and I watched the news and learned that the 15th named Atlantic storm won't cause any concerns for the US as Ophelia is turning northeast.
Also the first named winter storm, Aiden , is closing roads and causing trouble in the west as he drops several inches of snow in places.
After the news I went out to do the chores and then took a walk. I haven't made the October garden or view from here pics for this month yet so here they are. Our winter greens are coming along in the garden along with peppers and some okra we are still getting.
There is just starting to be some of the pretty Fall colors around.

This one small tree is the brightest spot so far.
This rain drooped Beauty Berry bush is loaded with berries this year.
I still have some Roses blooming in this confusing weather.
The Forsythia is certainly confused this year with the cool then warm temperatures.
The driveway is starting to look like Fall is here.
I enjoyed my rejuvenating walk this evening even with sweat dripping from the heat and humidity.
I came inside and got the 10 pillow order sewed and ready to be stuffed and closed.
I am getting to bed earlier tonight  to try and get a new more sleep time schedule started and I mean it this time because I am certainly starting to feel the effects of less than 7 hours sleep each night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day .
God Bless and Good Night








1 comment:

linda m said...

I can certainly see Fall creeping in around your area. Most of our leaves are just turning brown and falling off this year - don't know why. It got real hot and muggy here for a while; now it is cool again. Guess Mother Nature just can't figure out what kind of weather to give us. Blessings