Sunday, October 8, 2017

STORMY SUNDAY

Slept in a little this morning and got up to a cloudy morning. It already rained a light shower to get things wet but luckily I got the chores done without a raincoat.
Back inside hubbie and I got lunch things started as he shucked corn and peeled potatoes while I got out the ham and put it in the oven.
I was going to make crockpot mac and cheese until I discovered we didn't have any shredded cheese.
I was going to make some glazed carrots until I discovered my carrots were molded and I just bought them last week???
Yea , it was that kind of morning for me !!!
The rains started just as we went out to get int he Honda to go to church and it rained all morning.
Church was good today and we met a couple visiting from California who are thinking about moving here to work for one of the local companies. They were a very nice young couple and I pray that God lets them know His plan for their lives.
Hubbie and I headed home to get the green beans, biscuits and apple crisp going.
Everyone made it to lunch today with the exception of d-in-love who is on her way back from her beach get away weekend. We had ham, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob,green beans, biscuits and apple crisp for dessert.
We all had a nice visit and #2 son and Tif brought pictures from their trip to St. Lucia to show.
Sadly they were disappointed with their stay there at a Sandals resort and son said he would never stay at a Sandals again. I remember someone else telling me they didn't like these resorts.
The pics of what they were supposed to get in a room and food were all wrong and they were highly disappointed that the "all inclusive "package they bought didn't include anything they were promised.
At least they had the experience of going and they can chalk it up to a bad experience and learn from it.
After everyone left hubbie and I watched the radar on TV to see when the hardest rain was coming to our area and decided to have an early feeding time today .
The TV was lighting up continuously with warnings for flooding, thunderstorms and tornadoes. Sadly for some folks in some South Carolina areas they had tornadoes with 80+ mph winds damage homes and businesses.


Thankfully for our area so far we have just had rain and light winds.

Hopefully Nate will keep moving quickly and get on out of our area before we go to bed tonight.
I dumped 1.3 inches of rain from the gauge right at dark when I went out to shut the doors of the hen houses.
As I sit here at  9:00 and type this I can here my wind chimes on the front porch clanging together to make their pretty music as the winds get a little higher tonight but the rain that is falling now is much lighter than earlier.
Thanking God tonight for all the blessings of this day,for my church family and the freedom to worship as I please and for my family that always brings laughter and happiness into my house on Sundays.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying that God keeps you all safe. Blessings