Tuesday, October 17, 2017

FIRST FROST PREDICTED

Thankfully I woke up more clear headed and feeling much better after a long nights sleep.
I felt so bad last night I just said a prayer that the weather forecasters would be correct with their 38 degree temperature predictions for overnight and no frost here because I just couldn't muster the energy to get my plants inside or glean the peppers from the garden.
Well the forecasters missed it by 3 degrees as it was 35 degrees here this morning but I saw no frost on our farm.
I did chores and then took g-daughter RL to school and on the way there I did see some frosty fields along the way, whew thankfully we were sparred . When I got home g-daughter IR was more than ready for her first bottle of the day and then happily took a long nap to celebrate her 17 week birthday.

While she napped I had breakfast then hubbie and I cleaned house. It is nice to have him helping with this job as it sure makes it go faster. I mopped us out into the cool morning about 11:00.
We all went along to pick up g-daughter RL at 11:45 and then while both girls napped in the Honda we went to Southern States to get chicken feed.
We came home and got the feed unloaded and then brought the girls inside.
This one is not having a good day !!!!!!!
After lunch both girls cuddled with Neena and my SHIRT SAYS IT ALL !!!!!!!
I think we are all a little under the weather today so we pretty much just cuddled and let the afternoon pass us by today.
After the girls were both picked up I decided  I didn't want to take another chance with the weather forecast to be even colder tonight at 35 degrees with frost warnings .

So hubbie and I gathered all the plants inside that over winter in the little green house area in our basement.

Then we gathered all the peppers from the plants in the garden. Seems my peppers always do great in the late season .
Hubbie has more Hot Banana peppers to pickle and I will freeze the Bell Peppers for use in soups and sauces this winter.
After all this we did chores and I heard little peeps coming from the 2nd setting Silkies brooder box but didn't want to open it and let the cold air in.
We came inside and I went looking for decade pics tonight since this is past the middle of the month and about time !!!
I am feeling much better but tired again tonight so an early bedtime is on my agenda again tonight without the Nyquil dose of the last couple nights which I'm feeling like won't be necessary tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength God blesses hubbie and I with each day as we strive to honor Him in all we do.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Some days are just meant for cuddling. You sure gleaned quite a bit. Nights are quite chilly here also. Broke down and turned the furnace on. Blessings