Friday, October 27, 2017

GETTING READY FOR THE COLD

Ahhhhh Friday !!!!!    Both girls were in good moods this morning and the day got off to a great start. I did chores then took RL to preschool, this is her other g-ma's  Friday to pick her up so we said our goodbyes in the car before we got to her classroom. She is never happy about not being able to come to our house in the afternoons because of not being able to see her cousin IR.
Speaking of IR she has found her feet and that provided countless hours of free entertainment today.

I spent the morning baking cakes, 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut, 1 pound, 1 peach wine and 1 blackberry wine with 2 pans of brownies mixed in.
We had lunch and then IR took a great 2 hour nap this afternoon. Hubbie went outside to work and I did some housecleaning.
I did chores this evening and today was the date to add the plastic coverings  to the hen house windows. With rain and wind moving in tomorrow and a cold day and night Sunday I want the hens to concentrate their energy on laying eggs and not trying to stay warm on cold nights.

Daughter is in charge of homecoming tonight at the football game so she came by and fed IR after school then went back to help the girls with pictures and their presentations on the field. This is the first year they have changed from evening gowns to business suits and the girls look so neat in their suits. When I went to school we always had to wear business suits on the homecoming court .
Daughter left after the homecoming ceremonies at halftime and came to pick up IR who was ready to see her mommy .
Funny she is happy during the day but when she stays here at night she seems to know this is not routine and is always fussy. She wasn't as bad tonight as she has been so maybe with age she is getting better.
After IR left I iced cakes and got things ready for market. One thing I have noticed in my baking business is the seasonal flavor favorites of different cakes but chocolate is something that is always in demand no matter the season.

I am thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of my Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: