Tuesday, October 24, 2017

MINOR FLOOD DAMAGE THANKFULLY

Up to get back on a regular 2 grand daughter greeting this morning. Both girls were happy today and glad to see one another !!
I took RL to preschool and came home and had breakfast. Hubbie fed IR her morning bottle and she conked out for her nap. Hubbie wasn't feeling very good so I put on my high boots and walked the bottom pastures to check if the fences were washed down or not. I was pleasently surprised that they were just covered with a bunch of trash but none were completely down.

The upstream neighbor got the worst of it in his pasture when our fence acted like a block for the trash..
Never doubt the power of flood waters !!!
These Mallard ducks were certainly making good use of the extended farm pond waters.


I am amazed at how high the water was this time with only 4 inches of rain. I am 5'7" tall and my head would have just been above water !!!

The creek is back to a lower level quickly this morning.

It always amazes me at how vicious the flooding water can be but how quickly things calm down and after a day or so the memory of the high rushing water and these water height marks on the gates and trees will be all the evidence that is left.

I came back up the hill and let the cattle out of the upper pasture before coming inside.
I saw this very confused Azalea on the way back up the driveway. Some years I've seen a bloom or two on some of the bushes but this entire bush is in full bloom !!

IR was watching her favorite Daniel Tiger cartoon and hubbie said he might feel better if he got outside so he took a pitchfork and went down to clear the trash off some fence .
I cleaned the bathrooms while he was gone.
He came back in time for me to go pick up RL. She loves for the sunroof to be open while she eats her little lunch I bring her before we start home.


She is always fast asleep before we get hardly out of the parking lot of the church.
Hubbie carried her inside and she slept on the couch.
IR was on the table awake and bouncing in her little seat.
Hubbie and I watched the noon news and saw many areas with lots of damage around the area and some folks still without power close to us.
The rain that made the creek so high was the 7 inches that fell on the mountains toward the head of the creek. All 7 inches fell in less than 3 hours.
IR fell asleep before her 1:30 bottle and  and with both girls sleeping hubbie took a nap and I watched birds in the backyard to relax.
Both woke up and RL went to swing outside with hubbie but made it inside in time to help with IR's late bottle. She was so proud of herself !!!!

I let IR get her exercise in this saucer and RL had to come in and show her how all the things around it worked.
After both girls were picked up hubbie went back down to do more fence clearing and I went out to get the chores done.
I pulled up some of the remaining pepper plants and gave them to the chickens as the cold nights begin again I don't think they are going to have time to put on any more peppers.
The sun sets on mostly dry bottoms this evening .
Hubbie finished clearing the fences so now we wait for the next challenge .
We are both still feeling the effects of this crud we have tonight and are headed to early bedtimes.
Thankful that we had no damage from the storms yesterday and praying for all the folks who had storm damage.
A day hemmed in prayer is a lot less likely to unravel !!
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy to hear that you didn't receive al lot of flood damage from all that rain. My hubby and I were driving north from Atalanta, GA in all that rain. Made it hard to see and stay on the road in some places. Blessings