Saturday, October 28, 2017

RAINY MARKET SATURDAY

A little extra sleep this morning after a pretty cough-less night for me. I put Vicks salve on my feet last night and swallowed a big spoon full of fresh honey before bedtime.
I'm hopeful that I am getting over this crud but every time I think this I get proved wrong so we'll see.
I did chores and got ready for market in a cloudy morning but thankfully no rain yet.
Market was pretty slow today but I am thankful for all I did sell. I need to start cutting more halves and quarters of cakes it looks like.
I was dressed in my Halloween attire today since this is the last market day for me before Halloween.
About noon hubbie left to get home and get things ready for the rain and cold that is predicted.
The heavy rains started just in time for me to get loaded up so I got wet getting things in the Honda which is something I really didn't need to do. It just made me cough more. And to top it off I got wet 2 more times at Ingles and Aldi as I stopped for grocery and baking supplies on the way home.
Hubbie helped me get unloaded so now we both got wet to help our crud get another hold on us !!
We both got dry clothes on and rested for the afternoon, me on the couch and him in his recliner. He napped but I just snuggled and enjoyed the warmth of the blanket in the warm house.
Reluctantly we both headed out in the hard rain to get chores done and both got wet once again. With rain this hard it is hard to stay dry even with rain gear on.
There was already 1/2" of rain in the gauge at chore time but I didn't empty it so I can tell the total for the entire rain storm tomorrow.
In the news today with the arrival of our coldest temps of the season comes the naming of the "P" tropical storm, Philippe.

After choretime we had some chicken soup for supper and snuggled back down to rest for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: