Friday, December 22, 2017

BUSY BAKING DAY AND 1997 CHRISTMAS

Wow I must have been really really tired this morning as I slept through both alarms and hubbie didn't wake me either when he got up. He said he figured I needed the rest. Anyway 9:00 is a late start to any day ,especially a baking day !!
I got the chores done and the animals didn't seem too upset that I was more than an hour late.
I came inside and had breakfast then started my baking. I baked 12 caramel, 5 coconut, 4 pound cakes and a pan of brownies before having a late lunch.
Hubbie worked outside all day with the really mild low 60's temps and cloudy day. He finally got all the fallen limbs from the snow storm the first of the month cleaned up out of the yard.
Hubbie and I cleaned house all afternoon until chore time today. My neck and back are screaming this evening from all the activity today.
After chores I moved some chickens around separating my "teenage" roosters and pullets.
I came inside just as darkness fell and watched the news then iced cakes for the rest of the evening and got things ready for market.
I am very thankful that this is my last baking day before Christmas !!   It is the nature of my business to be busy around the holidays but some years like this one when the market days and Christmas line up like they are this year and I have no breaks to do things I like to do around Christmas it is hard for me to keep a smile on my face.
Daughter and son-in-love took IR for her first visit with Santa Claus tonight and she did great except wouldn't turn loose of beard.

She is a cutie !!!!  Both of them are !!!!

Back in December 1997 I'm sure I was busier than I am now but I was a lot younger then also. At that time I was running 2 business's . I had my Curb Market table and I also had a booth at one of my high school friends shops called The Rusty Bucket.
I was doing a lot of sewing back then and this was my booth at the Rusty Bucket.
This is me with the Santa at the Rusty Bucket I can't remember his name.
We had 3 teenagers in the house back then and excitement was a lot less on Christmas morning.




With the death of my mother and hubbie's granny and the failing health of hubbie's mother we only had one family Christmas gathering that year at my younger brothers house with my 3 nieces and 2 nephews.






Also that December we had a sprinkling of snow on my Taurus wagon and Aerostar van that I was getting ready to sell.
Thankful for the memories and the blessings that God blesses me with each day and asking forgiveness for feeling down about the amount of business I am blessed with and thankful for the health that I am blessed with to be able to work like I do.
Tonight I am also asking God's grace on one of hubbie's cousin's families as his first cousin Donna lost her husband Tim this morning to a massive heart attack at the age of 61 . They have one daughter who has 2 children so I pray that they turn to God for the comfort only He can give.
God Bless, Merry Christmas and Good Night.






No comments: