Friday, December 29, 2017

GOODBYE TOO SADIE

Another cold 18 degree morning. After chores and breakfast hubbie and I made a trip to Ace hardware to see if they might have some elements for our Eden Pure heater that stopped working last night .
They didn't but they had a nice different brand heater that was on sale for the same price we can buy the elements for so we bought it and hubbie got an empty propane tank filled while we were there. He had to stand in a long line with lots of other men filling their tanks for the coming cold weather.
We came home and he went over to daughter's with my older brother who is a contractor to fix the things that the buyers want fixed.
I baked cakes, 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 1 coconut, 2 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies for tomorrow's market day. I kept thinking while I was baking that this would be the biggest baking day for several months now.
Hubbie came home and we were standing in the kitchen talking when all of a sudden my new ovens both shut off and showed a code I have never seen on the display. This brought back really bad memories of dealing with this in my old oven but this one is not even a year old yet !!!!
Hubbie looked the code up online and it said to turn the breaker to the oven off for a few minutes and let it reset. So that's what we did and thankfully they started working again and I finished my baking.
I had about 15 minutes to get a short rest off my feet before chore time. Thankfully the temperature got into the low 40's today and thawed all the iced waterers for the animals.
Sadly Sadie the tri-colored Australian Shepherd died this afternoon after struggling through deafness , seizures and multiple other health issues over the last year. I am thankful that she isn't suffering anymore with anything.
Hubbie buried her in the same grave with Annie her lifelong running partner who died this past summer.
Sadie had a very good and happy long almost 18 year lifetime here on our farm and now her and Annie are together once again in doggie Heaven.
Sadie loved to ride on or in any moving vehicle.
She loved sitting in this particular rocking chair on the front porch.

Best friends !!!



I'll never forget how excited Sadie would get each evening when it was time for our walk around the lower pastures !!!


I finished this day in the kitchen icing the cakes and getting things ready for market. I have 11 cakes on order for tomorrow so I should have a good sales day for the last market day of this year.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and humbled by the love of our gracious Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless, Happy New Year and Good Night


No comments: