Saturday, December 23, 2017

GOOD MARKET DAY AND GIFT WRAPPING

Up early to get ready for this hopefully busy market day.
I was in too much of a hurry while doing the feeding chores in the chicken lots and slipped and fell. Luckily hubbie was up at the barn feeding the dogs and heard me so he came and helped me up. Fortunately I was more muddy than hurt and after a quick wash-up and new clean clothes I was once again ready to head for market.
We made it there only about 5 minutes late and only one customer was waiting.
Daughter came in a little later and IR was happy to spend some time in her new (to her)  bouncy saucer that RL used to love when she came to market with me.

We didn't have the really busy day I was hoping for but we did sell pretty good and I am very thankful for what we did sell. Hubbie left early to go by Lowes to pick up a new commode seat for one of our bathrooms after the one we had broke this morning. He was going to get with my brother who is a licensed contractor and go over to daughter's to check out a couple problems that the buyers home inspector found in her house.
Daughter stayed until after lunch and then went home to get some sour dough cinnamon roll dough started for cinnamon rolls she is making for Josh's family's Christmas gathering .
I loaded up in a pouring rain and made one stop at Walgreens to pick up a printed picture and some vitamins that I was out of then headed home in a pouring rain. By the time hubbie and I got things unloaded the rain slacked and the skies lightened up to signal the end of the front that was passing through. We had only about 2/10ths inch of rain in our gauge here so I know it rained more in town than here this afternoon.
Hubbie and I watched the end of the UNC / Ohio State basketball game which UNC won and then dozed until chore time.
I was much more careful this evening in the slick muddy lots !!!  I was happy with the roosters I moved yesterday when they got into their new night time house themselves tonight.
I cleaned out the brooder box I moved them out of yesterday in case I need it during the cold weather to put them back in.
A couple of customers came to pick up cakes this evening and d-in-love came up to doctor the tortoise's leg. She talked to the place where she bought it and they told her they would send her another one in 2 weeks if this one dies. 
Hubbie and I watched the news of another winter storm was named today. Seems all of a sudden everyday a new storm is named. This is Ethan and he is on the heels of Dylan going to sweep across the northeast and bring us a really cold Christmas day.
Hubbie and I spent time this evening wrapping all our gifts.
G-son reluctantly agreed to go with g-daughter RL to see Santa today. G-daughter was still not receptive to the jolly bearded old man even with g-son with her so this was as close as she would get. At least no tears this year !!!

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the folks who are alone this Christmas.
God Bless, Merry Christmas and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Merry Christmas to you and your whole family. May God richly bless you and bring you Peace, Love and Joy this Holiday Season. Blessings