Wednesday, December 20, 2017

RAINY BAKING WEDNESDAY

Got to sleep in a little this first morning without kids. I got up and went out to get chores done before I had a late breakfast. While I was feeding the chickens I got the vision fissures that accompany my migraine headaches and had to come inside and let hubbie take care of the dogs. I layed down with an ice pack and a hot pack and alternated them to get rid of the vision fissures and get back on my feet.
It only took me about 30 minutes thankfully but I still felt like a mac truck had ran me down the rest of the day from just this short bout with the migraines that have plagued me since I was about 11 years old.
After I had something to eat I started my baking for the day. I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes before having a late lunch.
I took several cake order calls while I baked so things are looking better for the last 2 market days before Christmas.
I iced 6 of the caramels I baked last night and then feeling pretty wiped out I rested on the couch until daughter brought IR by to stay with us while she and son-in-love took his little "brother" and g-son to the trampoline park called Launch in Asheville. Ben , son-in-love's brother met them there with his daughter and the kids had a wonderful time.
#1 son and d-in-love brought g-daughter RL up for a short visit since she had been asking to come see us all evening. We miss the girls when they're not here and I'm sure they miss us.
I did chores and then emptied 1" of rain from the gauge from the overnight and all day drizzle today.
It has been a good day to work inside.
I came inside and worked on weekly paperwork and paid bills then spent the rest of the evening icing cakes. I finished a little after midnight very thankful for the extra sleep I got this morning.
It doesn't seem possible that this little one is already 6 months old today !!!!  
HAPPY   1/2   YEAR BIRTHDAY IR !!
The news is not good for folks traveling around certain parts of the country for Christmas this year as the "D" winter storm, Dylan was named today and is going to create all kinds of problems with ice and snow as he moves across the country to the northeast.
Our forecast looks unseasonably warm for Christmas eve, but much colder with maybe a few snowflakes on Christmas day.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the birth of a Wonderful , Loving Savior.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: