Wednesday, February 7, 2018

ANOTHER RAINY DAY

Rain pouring down woke us up before the alarm sounded this morning. With a tight schedule this morning I didn't have the choice to wait the rain out before doing chores ,instead it was out in the rain I went. The chickens were not happy about all the rain either as they hesitantly poked their heads out the doors.
I got soaked by the time I got everything done and got back inside.
Then I put on dry rain gear and headed out to take RL to pre-school. Thankfully there was a parking spot near the covered entrance to her class as she refused to put her hood up.
She took snack for everyone today in a bag of frozen tater tots.
I came straight home and fixed IR her breakfast. While hubbie fed her I grabbed a meal bar and cup of coffee with no time to fix oatmeal or eggs today.
Bernie has to be at the vet's office at 10am for his yearly exam. I had to move his appointment up a couple months so I can re-order his meds.
Hubbie and IR rode with me so hubbie could hold Bernie on the way. IR went to sleep before we even got out of the driveway.
I took Bernie in while hubbie sat in the Honda with a sleeping IR. Bernie did really great today and didn't act so scared like he usually does on these appointments.
They checked him over  and found no changes so we are just going to keep him on the same regimen of meds since he is doing well on it.
The visit didn't take long at all and we stopped by the Amazon sale place that is just up the road from the vet's office and hubbie bought a new back pack sprayer for the garden for $21.
I found a large planter for $6 and then got a big plastic bowl and stand free with my purchase.
I spotted a nice comfortable looking chair that I can use at market but I need to wait for a cheaper price on it.
Back home we had lunch and then fed IR and while hubbie played with IR this afternoon I worked in my office. I finished the shredding for the year and got together some tax papers. I also did January 2018 end of the month paperwork and figures and found that it has been a good business month for a January.
I also got Bernie's meds ordered and cleaned more in my office.
IR was not having a nap this afternoon even though it was obvious she needed one. Even when her mom came in she didn't act sleepy after she ate.
After daughter left hubbie and I did chores as the clouds are back after a short clear time this afternoon and it looks like it could rain again any minute.
The hard rains of the morning and early afternoon left another 1.5 inches of rain in the gauge. The forecast for more heavier rain this weekend has everyone concerned with flooding issues as the creeks almost got out today.
The temps have been in the mid 50's all day but tonight the wind is howling and the temps are dropping into the upper 20's for a pretty cold night.
I watched the news with hubbie then baked cakes ,3 caramel, 2 pound and a pan of brownies then got an order ready and iced the caramel cakes.
Thankfully with the order at least I won't have another $20 sales day like last Thursday.
Thankful for a wonderfully blessed day and for the love of a gracious Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

Don't know chichis worse - all that rain or all the snow we are getting. Flooding or shoveling, hmmmmm Blessings!