Friday, February 9, 2018

OUTSIDE PLAYTIME

Up to greet the girls early today and get started on this Friday.
Took a pic of the sunrise this morning because it sounds like from the weather gurus that we won't be seeing any sunise or pretty blue skies for quite a few days after today.

I got the chores done and took RL to school in a happy mood this morning.
Back home after mine and IR's breakfast hubbie and I  cleaned house until it was time to go pick up RL. She was on the playground playing with her friends but unlike how her brother used to be not wanting to leave his friends RL comes running from whatever she is doing and leaps into my arms with a huge smile on her face.
Then she does the same thing if hubbie is with me when she sees him get out of the Honda then she has to give IR a hello kiss. Today she was proud to show off her penquin picture.


IR got to try out her new walker today and was so excited because she could reach things as she moved it around. It didn't take her long to figure out how to move around in it.



After IR, Hubbie and I had our lunch while RL napped we finished the cleaning so when RL woke up we could spend some time out in the nice high 50's sunny afternoon.
We all had a quick snack first to get ready for outside play.


RL loves the outside and just enjoys running around the farm and exploring .


She right away noticed that hubbie had cut the plum tree down that was here and she said he left her a perfect stool to sit on.

The first slides of season !!!!



When her mom came she didn't want to end her outside fun but finally came inside to have another snack and then go home.
Each day that I watch these girls grow up I happily think of the coming years when they are going to be playing and interacting together.
Hubbie and I did the chores under now cloudy skies and a cooler breeze has begun to blow as the sun went down.
Aa came by with more hay rolls for the cattle over here and he and hubbie rigged up a way to keep the hay underneath the shed part of the barn so it won't get ruined in all the rain we are expecting.
After we got inside for the evening we watched the news and then I started baking. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake plus a pan of brownies.
I watched a game show on TV while I waited for the layers to cool and then spent the rest of the evening icing cakes. I didn't get into bed until almost 1am so I need to rethink my baking time when I have this amount of cakes to get done next time.
A new winter storm that is bringing all our rain this weekend is named Mateo and it is a mean one covering a lot of states with lots of  flooding rain, snow and ice as it moves eastward. Our area is under a flood watch with the possibility of 4 inches of rain starting tonight and ending Sunday with lingering showers through most of the week.


Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the opportunity to be with my grandkids as they grow up.
God Bless and Good Night.





No comments: