Friday, February 16, 2018

NEW BABY GOATS AND FRIST SETTER OF THE YEAR

Friday mornings are always seemingly calm after our hectic Thursdays. Today RL was hard to get along with but she settled down on the way to school and was fine when we got there.
I came back home to a waiting for her breakfast IR and then I had my breakfast.
I was hungrier than usual today so I had eggs, grits and bacon for my energy boost for the day.
I cleaned house all morning until it was time for me to get ready for my yearly mammogram appointment. I am going to one of the facilities in Asheville this year so I can get the 3-D imaging.
I left early enough to locate the place in the downtown section of Biltmore Park Village.
I was in and out quickly after a pretty rough session of more intense squeezing than normal but I have found that each tech has a different technique and some are rougher than others.
Saying a prayer that my images will match the previous ones and there will be no call back.
I made a stop at a new thrift shop on my way home that had a big 50% off sale and found a couple things I couldn't live without for a big total of $9.
I made it home just in time to fix a bottle for IR's afternoon feeding  before I had a late lunch.
It is a nice warm day again today and even with the could cover we soared to a new record high for the second day in a row.

Unfortunately with the timing of my mammogram I missed g-son's award ceremony today. He made A honor roll and got the semester most improved student award in his class. We are all very proud of him.




Hubbie and IR took a nap after lunch and I washed windows and then relaxed out in the sunroom with the door open enjoying the fresh warm breeze coming in.
When daughter came in she and I rode over to Re's house to check out her new baby goats. She has some Nigerian Dwarf goats and this was the first to have babies. She had 4 little ones and they are all so adorable. AD definitely has a knack for goat kid mothering !!!!



EL held one just for a little bit and CO and BB didn't want to hold the squirmy, bleating little babies just yet.
And of course daughter fell in love all over again and I'm sure she had flashback memories of her days with our baby goats when she was younger.
Re put sock coats on all of them to help keep them warm overnight in case they wander out from under the heat lamp in the upper 30's temps predicted for the next couple nights.
Can't wait until they get a little bigger and we can make pics with IR and RL with them.
Daughter and I came home just as it started to sprinkle rain.
She went home and hubbie and I watched the news and waited for the rain shower to pass.
We got chores done thankfully without rain gear and then I got the first Silkie setter put in one of the brooder boxes and nicely snuggled down in fresh hay with all Silkie eggs under her so I will hopefully have chicks to sell in early spring. I will add tomorrow's eggs to the 7 she had today and she'll be set for the next 21 days of waiting !!
We came inside and relaxed for the evening.
With the prediction of the colder overnight and rainy Saturday I decided not to bake anything else tonight. This is still the week after a sweet filled Valentines day and I don't think there will be many customers at market tomorrow.
It feels strange to have a baking free Friday night and I just hope I don't regret my decision tomorrow.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for a clear mammogram . Also still sending prayers to the families of the victims of the Florida high school shooting.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: