Saturday, February 3, 2018

GETTING READY FOR ANOTHER WINTERY BLAST

Brrrr !!!  18 degree morning and water pans frozen solid this morning , grrrr !!!
We made it to market on time but customers were slow to come in but as the temp warmed so did customer traffic and I had a decent day after all.
I'm not bored at market these days as I try to catch up on all the market business that I as a board member needs to know and become familiar with.
We are out of our signature cookbooks and I need to check on re-ordering some of those.
Hubbie hung around until about noon and had a cup of the corn chowder that one of our vendors made for lunch today.
He left to come home and get our supply of firewood carried in to use through a supposedly snowy, icy, rainy day tomorrow.
I left market on time and stopped at Aldi to pick up a few things on the way home. I noticed that there was very few parking spaces but it didn't hit me until I saw there were no shopping carts available that everyone was "snow shopping" . This was my shopping cart as I dragged it around the store behind me. Thankfully I didn't need much today.
I made it home at 3:00 and hubbie helped me get things unloaded and put away. It is 32 degrees now and falling so this could be a very interesting night of precipitation.
We are under a winter weather advisory for ice mostly but who knows if the predictions will be correct with this system or not .
This is the ice and snow predictions at the 6:00 news time.



We did chores tonight and then settled in for a relaxing evening of watching basketball games. We watched Virginia beat Syracuse and then watched UNC win against Pittsburg.
G-daughter IR had to make a second trip to the doctor today but still no flu and no ear infection either . Daughter took her back because she had a really rough night with her breathing and cried most of the night like something was hurting.
Daughter also feels like she might be getting the strep throat that son-in-love has so they all stayed in today to rest. IR was doing better tonight. 
Tif is now sick with a bad cold hopefully it doesn't turn into something else.
This is a really scary sickness season as so many folks a dying this year.
Thankful for as always for the blessings of this day and very thankful to God for keeping his arms firmly around all the family as we battle this sickness season.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: