Thursday, February 22, 2018

RECORD BREAKING FEBRUARY THIS YEAR

Oh Thursday morning rolls around again. At least it is a beautiful morning for the first time this week and when I opened the door and stepped outside it was actually warmer outside than inside the sunroom this morning.
I dropped RL off at pre-school, she showed none of the ill feelings she had yesterday so that was good.
IR and I met hubbie at the Curb Market to get unloaded and set up.
We fed IR and then waited on the few fleeting customers that came through today.  IR had the right idea today and we all could have gotten naps without anyone noticing today !!!
I am sooo comfortably dressed today. Some say older women shouldn't wear these soft Lularoe leggings but I guess I'm past worrying about what "some" say because comfort rules for me and these leggings and soft Lularoe top are feeling great today.( I 'm not advertising for them I just enjoy their clothing)

Connie, other g-ma picked IR up at noon today after taking lunch for another one of her grand daughters.
Hubbie left and ran his dump errand and picked us up a sub for lunch. Since it is this late he decided just to wait with me and then we will both go to Sam's Club to get our reward check cashed after we get groceries.
We left market a few minutes early as no customers were in sight .
I stopped by the PO and Walgreens for some things I needed while hubbie made a stop for gas and then we met at Sam's.
We came home afterward and got things unloaded and put away . It is so unbelievably nice outside today and I just wanted to suck up all the sunshine and warm breezes I could before old man winter makes his return.
On the 7 day forecast the temps are starting to drop just as March comes in.
After setting several record high temps in February it really makes me wonder what March will bring. As I looked around this evening I noticed these Blueberry bushes are way farther out than they should be at the end of February which means probably no Blueberry crop this year.
This year's February is now the warmest February ever breaking the old record from 1897 !!!!!!!
Also the high for the night time temperatures was broken from that same year.
Funny the average max low temp this month is higher than the normal high temp for most Februarys.
And that is todays high temp of 77 which broke the old 1897 record of 72 degrees for this date. 
Up until today the month overall has been more like late spring than winter in highs and lows.
As I said from next weeks forecast the warm streak may be ending for at least a while but this week end we are headed for more rain as winter storm Oliver delivers some substantial rain fall to our area late Saturday and Sunday. We are fortunate to get only rain from this storm as the ice it has caused has already been responsible for 6 deaths as he moved across the country.
I am pooped tonight and am going to bed early to get ready for an exciting Friday with both grand girls and a special event thrown in.
Thankful for the wonderful blessed day today and looking forward to what God's future for me holds.
God Bless and Good Night.










2 comments:

linda m said...

We had all the rain Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Should be headed your way. Our temps are also abnormally warm for Feb but I am loving it. Supposed to cool down again this weekend. i am so ready for Spring. Have a blessed weekend.

Granny_J said...

Our temperatures this month have also been crazy. From the high temps to the lows and back again!

I think your leggings look great with the matching top. After seeing yours, I'm going to order some. At my age (77)it's important to be comfortable. While volunteering at the nursing home last week a little 92 year old lady came into the craft room wearing some leggings and a long top that her great granddaughter bought for her.