Saturday, February 10, 2018

RAINY MARKET DAY

Ahhhh !!!! An extra hour of sleep on a rainy morning felt so good today. Hubbie and I got the chores done in a light rain and headed out to market on time.
Business was better than I expected on a rainy Saturday but thankfully the heavy rain held off until after market.
The man ,Roy, who had been the market janitor for several years turned his keys in and quit yesterday so a couple of the male board members, Ralph and Bobby , are going to do the job until we can hire someone else.
We also had a couple new vendors set up today, one is selling really pretty jewelry and one is selling hand woven purses and market bags.
Hubbie left market to stop at Ingles and the Animals-R-US  vet's office to pay the script fee for Bernie's meds. The girl at the desk had no idea what she was doing and hubbie didn't press the issue but she told him he only had to pay $7 even after he questioned her about it being 4 prescriptions so needless to say I have to go by and pay for the other 3 prescriptions on Monday morning before she will release them to Valley Vet to have them filled, grrrrrr !!!!
I left market on time and made a stop at Staples to ask about exchanging the ink that won't work in my printer and was told they would exchange the entire set of ink so that is a good thing. Hopefully it is just a bad ink cartridge and that will solve the problem.
I came home and hubbie helped me unload and get things put away so we could both watch the end of the UNC / NC State basketball game which UNC won in a close game.
The rain outside really picked up this afternoon and it was a good time to sit inside and drink hot green tea !!
It was still pouring rain at chore time so I got soaked getting the feeding chores done. I had to fix the roof on one of my smaller pens as the rain was leaking through it. It doesn't have any chickens in it right now but I still don't want it filled with rain water.
There was 7/10 inch of rain in the gauge at chore but the rain picked up while I was outside.
We are now under a flood advisory.
I am really looking forward to these temperatures in this coming week !!!
That's what I love about February,these breaks from the cold dreary winter days make winter more tolerable here in the mountains. I'm sure we will have more cold temps and probably even more snow and ice but at least for now we have a nice break.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: