Friday, February 2, 2018

GROUNDHOGS ALL SEE THEIR SHADOWS TODAY !!!!

Only one grand daughter this morning as daughter decided to stay home with IR today to hopefully get her feeling better.

I did the chores then took RL to pre school to have fun on another pajama day.
I came home to have breakfast and hubbie and I both felt very strange not having IR here. He went outside to cut down the Black Knot infested Plum trees and do some more trimming around the yard of limbs that broke during all the freezing temps and wind this winter.
I cleaned house this morning and then after we had lunch I started working in my office cleaning off my cluttered desk. Since February is always tax month in my world I need to get things straightened out so I can get to work on taxes.
I worked until almost 4:30 and my back was killing me from sorting papers for so long but I got everything sorted through that was piled on my desk top.
I stopped and rested with a cup a hot green tea and watched the early news.
The temperature today has got up to 32 for a very chilly but sunny day. When I went out to get the chores done all the waterers had a thin layer of ice already on them. Tonight's low is expected to hit the upper teens so there will be thick ice in the morning to deal with. I filled the cooler inside the feed shed with water so I will have some to use in the morning without carrying it all the way from the house.
Of course the groundhog down in Bat Cave named Greta saw her shadow along with all the other groundhogs in the area today so that means 6 more weeks of winter weather !!!!
I relaxed for a while tonight then got things ready for market.  Hopefully more customers will come through tomorrow than did Thursday.
But with the winter weather predictions for tomorrow night and the extremely cold temps I'm guessing tomorrow will be another really slow market day.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for guidance in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: