Monday, February 5, 2018

KID FILLED MONDAY

Monday morning off to an early start with the arrival of both g-daughters. Both girls seem to be feeling better today with only a very loose cough and some nose running issues. It was good to see the sun rising over the mountains this morning instead of the snow flurries that were predicted.

I did chores and then took RL to school. I was glad to get back home after coming upon a pretty bad accident on my way home that had just happened but all the drivers were out walking around.
I spent the morning doing laundry between getting IR her breakfast and having my breakfast.
I also started my yearly shredding of a year of receipts so I can change the files in my office around and have all the tax stuff handy.
I picked up RL and she went straight to sleep after eating her chicken nuggets.
Hubbie carried her inside and then IR and us had our lunch then  I did more laundry.
RL took a good almost 2 hour nap today and seemed to feel much better this afternoon.
Love these two as they begin to interact with each other.

About 3:00 Re brought AD, CO and BB over to stay while she and EL took some outgrown things to sell at a swap market in Greenville SC.
RL is always so excited to see "the kids" coming and can't decide who she'd rather be with the girls or BB ???



 Haha , they were yelling to each other into the walkie talkies sitting this close together !!!!
This little girl was pooped out and this is all she wanted to do this evening.
Even grandson wanted in on the fun when he came in from school .
Daughter and d-in-love left with the grandkids and hubbie and I took turns getting the outside chores done and watching the remaining kids.
I fixed them chicken filets and French fries for supper and Re and EL came in just in time for EL to get to eat some also.
After they left and we were putting the toys away I remembered a rolled up note AD had brought to me.  As I opened it and read her 1st grade words I was reminded why hubbie and I do what we do with all these kids.  Sometimes when friends and family our age ask what we are doing in retirement and we say "babysitting" they look at us as if we are crazy and some of them even tell us they are sure not going to do that.
But when I look into the faces of any of these kids and into the innocent eyes that smile back at me or read a note written from the heart of a 6 year old I have to laugh and say "who's the crazy ones now" ????
No place we would rather be or nothing else we would rather be doing and I feel humbly blessed that we are able to take care of all these little miracles and hope to be blessed with enough time to watch them grow up.
Thankful for the blessings of good health .
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

That note is so sweet. Made me cry. Blessings