Thursday, September 20, 2018

ANOTHER HOT MARKET DAY AND 1978 COUNTRY GIRL FUN

Thursday mornings are always hectic around here as we throw getting ready for market in with all the regular morning activities.
I dropped RL off at pre-school just a few minutes late and IR and I met hubbie who was already at market waiting for us.
Daughter had dropped off an extra car seat for hubbie's truck today as other g-ma , Connie, is sick today with her vertigo problems so IR will be with us all day.
Business was really slow today so he had plenty of time to put the seat in his truck while IR and I walked around inside market.
She modeled this little knitted cap that one of the vendors make.
Hubbie left with her about 11:00 going to make his dump and recycle stop and head home in hopes she would go to sleep and take a good nap.
I am thankful that sales picked up as the day went on and I did pretty good today for daughter and I.
Market was hot and I actually walked around outside part of the day between customers.
I left market feeling wiped out once again from the heat of the day. The temperature is still in the mid to upper 80's each day which is well above average for September.
I made stops at the bank, Aldi, the PO and Ingles for gas on my way home.
I made it home around 3:30 and when I drove up I discovered the basement door open and the screen door also standing half way open. Rocky the Aussie must have opened the screen door with his nose as he has before, I just hope no snakes or lizards crawled in the open door.
IR was finally down for the first time today for a nap so hubbie helped me unload and get things put away.
Daughter came in shortly to pick her up and take her out to the volleyball game where daughter had gate duty for about an hour.
Hubbie and I watched the news and there are so many places still under water in the eastern part of the state it is unreal.

And more bad news may be brewing out in the Atlantic.
Believe it or not this is the remains of Florence which now have a 20% chance of becoming another tropical system and would be headed for the exact same area on the coast of NC.
We finished chores and then rested for the evening.
Back in September of 1978 my cousin, Debbie and close friend, Isabelle and I went up to Glenville lake and rented a small boat to go fishing in and then we went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway for some fun.






I drove this brown Subaru for several years .
I call this "country girl" fun !!!!
Good memories and proof you can have lots of fun without all the internet and entertainment meccas of today.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

it is still hot and humid up here in WI also. Just not normal for this time of year. Sure hope Florence doesn't regenerate. I think NC has had enough. Have a wonderful weekend.