Wednesday, September 19, 2018

STILL SUMMER LIKE TEMPS AND SOCCER GAME

Up to get g-son his waffles before daughter gets here to bring IR and take g-son to school.
I got the chores done while RL and IR had their breakfast then I took RL to pre-school.
On the way home I made a grocery stop at Ingles for more waffles , syrup and milk for the kids.
I was really hungry this morning and felt like a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and grits with my coffee when I got home.
I baked 2 pound cakes and a pan of brownies for today's baking .
IR went down for a little nap before lunch giving hubbie time to gather all our trash and recyclables and me time to get the weekly paperwork and bills paid.
We all had lunch together then hubbie and IR went outside to swing and I did some sewing and mending for myself.
G-son had a home soccer game today and they won a defensive struggle 1-0 and g-son got to play in the main game today and he did really good.
#1 son finally got to see him play in a game as he got off work early. D-in-love, daughter, Deb (other g-ma ), IR and RL all were there with hubbie and I  to cheer him on.







 They actually won the game but it sure didn't show on any of these players faces. Maybe because it was so hot, mid 80's and boiling sunshine coupled with the fact that they probably made 50 shots at the goal and only got one to go in. Kudos to the other teams goalie !!!
We all came home except #1 son who waited to bring g-son home.  I think he was very proud of the effort g-son gave when he got in the game.
Hubbie and I got chores done and then I got things ready for market tomorrow. Funny that I have time tonight to write my blog but with the slow down in business I'm sure this will happen more often now.
More bad news as the flood waters in eastern NC continue to rise. Not just people died in this storm but this area has a lot of poultry and hog farms that took massive death tole hits and they expect these numbers to increase because the roads are flooded and they can't get food into the farms that still have live animals.
I guess we can expect our Thanksgiving turkey to cost more this year.
Praying for the waters to recede so all the roads can be opened back up and the clean up can begin.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Cheers for g-son's team win. Still praying for all those affected by the storm. Blessings