Saturday, September 15, 2018

WAITING FOR FLORENCE AND A 1948 PICTURE

Up to breezy and intermittent conditions this morning as Florence edges north westward across SC.
We were a few minutes late getting to market as #2 son stopped by to borrow a ladder to clean his gutters out on his house so hubbie had to help him get loaded up.
We charged son who lives on Davis Mountain and has a three story tall house to call after he got finished so we would know he didn't fall.
Daughter and IR were already here when we arrived and helped get set up.
Business was really slow today as the intermittent rain bands and breezy wind gust reached out area.
I love my sunflower vest that I made years ago as it still looks new.
Daughter took IR home to clean house and she was her regular sassy little self this morning.

I called hubbie who was fixing the fence around the upper pasture so Aa could move the cattle out of the bottom pastures this evening. He needed a pair of slip on shoes and Belks was having a sale so he met me there on my way out of town.
I found a couple tops that were regularly $44 and on clearance for $6 so I got them and a tube of my Clinique CC cream that I have been out of at 20% off.
And hubbie got his shoes along with a couple pairs of shorts and some socks.
We came home and rested until chore time.
Thankfully we got chores done in just a misty rain and light wind as Florence is still moving at 2 mph
across SC and not supposed to reach our area full force until tomorrow evening.
G-daughter RL passed the day inside away playing with her new stamps and stickers.
This is a decade pic from September 1948 of my uncle Anderson Holmes with one of his milk cows.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for us and all the folks in the path of Florence.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: