Thursday, September 6, 2018

SLOW MARKET

A good morning for everyone today as we all got off to an early start , g-son had his waffles eaten before daughter got here with IR to pick him up. RL happily ate her breakfast in front of cartoons and I got chores done and got ready for market without any set backs today.
IR and RL had their regular "conversation" in the back seat on the way to Mud Creek preschool, part chatter , part seeing who could squeal the loudest but after all they are little girls !!!!
We walked RL in to her classroom and she was happy today that none of her friends were crying like yesterday.
IR made it to market without going to sleep and was happy to watch hubbie come in and out of market while he got the Honda unloaded.
Then she got to walk around an empty market with him while I got set up.
Customers were very scarce this morning.
Connie and Tommy,  IR's other grandparents picked her up about 10:30 .
Hubbie left to get his errands done and get home to rest as he isn't feeling well at all today.
Hot weather head colds are the pits and I just hope I don't catch it from him.
Market continued pretty slow but I did sell some and I am very thankful for that.
I got packed up and left at closing time to run my errands. I went by the bank then made a trip to the Co-op to pick up some cinnamon and peppercorns from their bulk spices counter.
I stopped by Aldi and then thankfully looked at the bills before I dropped them in the mail box because I had forgotten to put stamps on them last night.
I came home the back roads to avoid the extra heavy traffic around town today.
I was happy to get home and get unloaded so I could take a rest in the cool house after the sweltering day in the market.
We watched the news then did chores.
After chores I did some walking to try and get back in the habit of taking a daily walk around the farm.
These fallen persimmons laying in the driveway are stark reminders that Fall is close even if the mid 80's temps surely don't feel very Fallish.
G-daughter RL had another good day at pre-school and was happily cuddling her chickens this evening.
Hurricane Florence seems to be defying all earlier predictions with her strength and path as now she may very well pose a significant threat to the east coast according to some of the computer model tracks.


I am headed to bed early once again tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings. Hope your ulcer is healing.. Have a great weekend.