Saturday, September 1, 2018

APPLE FESTIVAL SATURDAY BEGINS SEPTEMBER

Up an extra hour early this morning to get ahead of the crowded traffic. Got chores done and we were leaving for market at the same time we are usually just getting up, uhhhh !!!
It is a foggy first morning of September as I headed out the road.
We arrived at market and got set up with no problems and there was very little traffic this early. The 72nd Apple Festival looks to be a good one with a nice weather forecast except for the high temps.
We always have extra traffic in market as folks walk through going up to main street to the festival and sometimes they buy from us but sometimes they are just here for the festival and choose not to carry anything extra up to the street fair.
Today was a little better than normal with some extra sales for us. I didn't notice many folks carrying anything they had bought on the street back through market. I heard a lot of complaints about the higher prices of things on the street this year so I'm sure that may have dampened sales coupled with the crowded street and high upper 80's temps.
Daughter and IR were there to help most of the day and hubbie also stayed until g-daughter IR went to sleep and then he left to get home and mow the lawn.
Daughter left when IR woke up to get her home and get some late lunch.
I finished the day with good sales and then loaded my things up and helped get the parking lot set up to collect money for festival parking and get the market closed down.
I stopped at Walgreens on the way out of town to pick up some enlargements I ordered.
I made it home at 3:00. Hubbie was just finishing up the lawn and helped me unload and get things put away. I had a snack of some of the apple / cheddar  soup from market and then hubbie and I both rested and took naps. I didn't sleep well at all last night and it has caught up with me big time in the heat of the day. I felt dizzy headed and not sure of what I was doing for a while this afternoon.
We both woke up about chore time.
After chores I put away some clothes and then worked on catching up my blog before heading to an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for a gracious loving Savior that I get to worship with my church family tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: