Wednesday, September 26, 2018

SCHOOL PRAYER MORNING AND RAINY SOCCER GAME

Up to greet the grandkids earlier this morning as this is the "see you at the pole" morning where local churches take do-nuts and offer prayer for the schools around the flag poles. When they left for school it was pouring rain so everyone had an umbrella.
My church always supplies do-nuts to some of the local schools, this time we had members deliver do-nuts and prayer to 6 local schools.
Daughter who is the FCA sponsor is on the right at North high school as they moved into the gym to get out of the rain for their prayer time.
Associate Pastor William was at Apple Valley middle school.
Pastor Craig was at Hendersonville Middle school where his son attends.
A couple of the deacons were at Edneyville elementary (d-in-love is taking pics in the background).
Renea Pastor Craig's wife was helping at Clear Creek elementary school, she is second from right.
We also had folks at Dana elementary school.
A bright spot at many of the schools on this dreary morning.
I got chores done, took RL to pre-school and then had my breakfast. I had a 10:00 haircut appointment and it took Markeeta about 30 minutes then I came home and got my baking started.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and needed to make more pound and wine cakes but discovered I didn't have any shortening.
Hubbie, IR and I had lunch and then IR played the rest of the afternoon until her mom came after her a little early to go with her to open gym as hubbie and I were getting ready to go to Rugby Middle school to watch g-son's soccer game.
We had two 30 minute lightening delays but they finally got the game started in a light rain. This is the second game in a row I've watched from under an umbrella.
Thankfully they played very well today and won the game in a shortened 10 goal lead rule 10-0.
I actually felt kind of sorry for the Rugby team but our 6th graders played a lot of the game and they scored the winning goals.
G-son played very well and kicked the ball for the assist on the winning goal.






Hubbie, #1 son and I waited for g-son after the game and he was very happy with himself and the team's play today.  Much better than the way they played on Monday for sure.
Hubbie and I came home to get the chores done hopefully before the heavy rains get here. I emptied 2/10ths from the rain gauge at chore time tonight.
I did all the weekly paperwork and paid the bills then finished the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of a Wonderfully Gracious Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: