Friday, November 9, 2018

ANOTHER RAINY FRIDAY

Amen.....
Woke to the sound of heavy rain falling once again today. I dragged myself out and put on all my rain gear once again after I helped with the kids breakfast. All the kids are back on regular schedule this morning. Most of the animals didn't venture out into the rain today so feeding time was shorter than normal. I had time for a cup of coffee before RL and I headed off to her pre-school. She was not enthused about going this morning at all after her day off yesterday.
I came home to have my breakfast and gather my baking supplies.
But before I got started baking I am determined to get myself back in better shape after a lazy summer and fall. I sat my lap top up in the cool sunroom and did a 20 minute waking video to get my blood pumping early today and hopefully give me some energy . I feel like I am the unhealthiest I have been in a long long time right now with trouble with my cholesterol being high, my bone density scan came back with left side deterioration and now for the first time in my life I have hemorrhoid trouble , grrrrr !!!  I am determined to better my diet and exercise more with getting back to walking in the mornings and using the strength bands at night along with my leg stretches in the early morning. I noticed right after the walking video that I did feel more energetic.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 2 carrot, 3 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake while watching the rain fall most of the morning.
Hubbie, IR and I had a late lunch and then as soon as the rain stopped we rode over to daughter's house to check the inside for leaks from all the rain.  Thankfully we didn't find any.
IR has a nasty cough and is rattling in her chest a little bit so I hope she isn't getting sick.
Hubbie and I took turns getting the chores done early under the cloudy skies making it get darker earlier than usual. There was 3/4 inch if rain in the gauge this evening. We could break records for most rainfall in a year this year if November and December follow most months in this year.
Already  in November's first week we have gained an inch toward the yearly totals.

With more rain in the forecast for next week it looks like the totals will keep adding up.
And everyone is wondering what will happen this winter if the temps get cold and the moisture predictions still stay high !!!Daughter picked up IR and went home after basketball practice.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market. I am thankful for a large 8 cake order I have for tomorrow as with the cold temps I have no idea how many folks will venture out on the windy cold day.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: