Sunday, November 25, 2018

CALM SUNDAY AND 1988 MEMORIES


A cloudy Sunday morning to get up to. I got chores done and had breakfast before getting ready for church.
Our associate pastor William gave the sermon today as senior pastor Craig is out of town on vacation with his family.
We came in for a crock pot full of chili and some cornbread for lunch with Aa's family. Everyone else has other plans today to end the holiday weekend.
We had a nice visit with them until it was nap time for the kids and they headed home.
After we cleaned the kitchen hubbie went outside and I put away some clothes and got this weeks clothes laid out. Some mornings I have to look up at my closet door to check what is hanging there to determine what day it is, haha.
Daughter and IR came over to look through her stored things to see if her Christmas decorations were here but they must be at her sis-in-laws in Polk county.
They left and we did chores then came inside for a light supper.
I remembered that I needed to get out my decade pics for November since I haven't done that the entire month and now there is only one week left.
November isn't a big photography month and I only found a couple years with some pics in them. The first one was in 1988 when my niece was born. Susan was the first child of my oldest brother Robert and his wife Lauren. This is a pic of my mother holding her. She was born on the 18th of the month.

Susan's three older cousins couldn't wait to spoil their new cousin and we lived next door to each other so they would get plenty of time with her.
We also had church directory pictures made that month.

Thankful for the memories these old photos bring back.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.