Monday, November 19, 2018

CAKES, CAKES AND MORE CAKES



Up to face a very busy day. I fed the kids and got chores done before taking RL to pre-school. I made a stop at Ingles on the way home for more eggs and butter for the many cakes I need to bake today.
I had breakfast when I got home then started icing the caramel cakes I baked last night. I only got 6 of the 12 cakes iced before it was time to head back out and pick up RL.
When we got back IR and RL ate lunch with hubbie and me then hubbie took them outside in the pretty weather to try and get them tired enough for naps.

It didn't work they just played while I was stuck in the kitchen all afternoon baking. I baked 6 caramel, 5 chocolate, 6 pound cakes and should have been finished in half the time I was because I was only using the lower oven since the last couple nights the top oven has triggered an entire oven shut down I didn't want to take a chance on this busy day with all the orders I need to fill of having the ovens shut off.
D-in-love picked up RL and daughter came to stay with IR while hubbie and I did evening chores then daughter went to her late basketball practice. Son-in-love picked up IR when he got off work.
I spent the entire evening icing cakes and getting orders in boxes. Hubbie brought his truck down here and we had it and my Honda Pilot both filled to the brim with baked goods.
I certainly feel like I have been working all day today with my back, hips, knees and feet throbbing tonight .
Thankful for the strength God gives me each day and for the blessings of the day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: