Tuesday, November 13, 2018

FIRST WINTER WEATHER WATCHES

Amen...
At least the first thing I heard this morning wasn't the sound of pounding rain drops on the roof. The kids all arrived on regular schedule and they all had their breakfast while I did chores. It's cold and very cloudy but thankfully no rain at least not yet.
I took RL to pre-school, she went to sleep on the way so I had to carry her in but she got down and walked right into her classroom so hopefully she'll have a good first day back after the long weekend.
As I was getting back into the Honda I rolled my bruised sore foot just enough to make it pop and boy oh boy did it ever hurt. For a few seconds I though I was going to pass out. Thankfully the pain eased off and I drove home.
I hate that happened because it was just starting to get better after I dropped the metal lid from the big barrel I keep my chicken feed in on the outside of my foot about a week ago.  Now I am limping all over again !!!
I had my breakfast when I got home and I was determined to get my walking video in even with the painful foot.
I went over to Markeeta's to get my hair cut at 9:30 and she did a nice job as always. But funny thing I never go in there with bangs but I always come out with them. She must think I look good with them, I don't !!!!

After that I sat down and stayed with IR while hubbie cleaned out one of the flooded dog lots.
IR found RL's Frozen microphone and was singing with the songs in her own 17 month language.
Hubbie and IR rode with me to pick up RL and we took them by Burger King for a cheese burger kid's meal. They are fun to watch having their lunchtime interactions.

They both napped while we were out but woke up when we got home. All us girls sat in the Honda while hubbie unloaded the motor and all the chicken feed we bought yesterday.
We came inside and they watched TV while hubbie and I had our lunch then we played the afternoon away.
RL left about 4:00 and then hubbie and I took turns getting all the animals fed and watching IR while daughter had basketball practice right after school.
These cloudy days are so dark and short that I go out at 5:00 to feed and gather eggs and by the time that's done I can shut all the doors because everything is already on the roosting spots.
The Silkies are getting pretty comfortable in their new greenhouse winter residence.
Hubbie was boiling us some eggs for supper when I came back inside.
We ate then I iced my foot which has been throbbing all day with pain while I watched the news but it didn't seem to help any. Hopefully it will get better overnight when I'm not walking on it.
D-in-love sent me this pic of a very handsome g-son in his dress shirt and tie that he has to wear each day of a wrestling match this year.
Our security camera took this picture as I left today and my burning bushes are finally turning their bright red color but I'm sure with the weather that is headed our way they won't be pretty very long as these leaves fall off quickly.
Our area is under a flood warning and a winter weather watch for an ice storm tomorrow night and Thursday morning.

Thankfully some of the weather forecasters have lowered there estimates of ice accumulations for our area. At the 6:00 newscast the darker shaded area which we are in had .25-.50 but now they have lowered it to .25 max which is much better . I just hope they are right !!
I emptied another 1/2 inch of rain from the gauge this evening from overnight rain to bring yesterdays and todays total already to 2.5 inches so the 2-4 more inches they are calling for will definitely cause flooding.
May be an interesting Thursday morning for us, I just pray that everyone is careful and stays safe.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying you all stay safe and don't get all the predicted ice. Blessings