Sunday, November 11, 2018

THANKFUL VETERANS DAY

Amen......
25 degrees when we got up at 8am for the coldest morning of the season so far. I went back to bed until hubbie got the wood stove stoked and the house warmed up a little, one of the perks of Sunday mornings !!
I did chores and when I went in to check on the Silkies in their new winter abode, they were all still up in the planting tray we put them in last night so I had to shoo them all out of it to let them know they could get out on the ground to get their feed.
We put potatoes and carrots in the crock pot with the beef stew and then got ready for church.
There was a lot of things going on at church today as 3 folks got Baptized to begin the service.




To God be all the Glory.....
Three people also joined our church family at invitation today and we ended the service honoring all our Veterans.
We all made it here for lunch today except Tif who was working.
The beef stew was enjoyed by all on this cold wintery feeling day.
After we ate and visited for awhile Re took EL and BB home for naps, #2 son went to pick up his dog Bear from the groomers and hubbie and IR stayed here while the rest of us went over to check out daughter's house. G-son got stuck outside the glass door.
The sunshine of the afternoon warmed the day at least to a jacket day.
We came home and everyone went home then hubbie went out to work on the leaves and I went up to take the old net off the Silkie lot and clean out their house .
By the time I finished this it was chore time so I got everything fed and then stayed in the green house to make sure all the Silkies got up on the roosting place hubbie created for them this evening. We don't want them roosting on the ground in front of the glass door.
There has been multiple bear sightings in our area so we are taking extra care in shutting all the animals up at night to hopefully avoid any unwanted bear attacks.
Hubbie and I took the evening to relax and rewind for another busy week.
Today is Veterans day and I can't let it pass without expressing my heartfelt appreciation for all who have fought for the freedoms we enjoy in this country. As I looked into the faces of the Veterans at church this morning I wondered what they had each been through on behalf of my freedom. As I shook their hands and said "thank you" I felt that was very inadequate for the service and dedication  they had given.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for all the men and women who are willing to serve their country.
God Bless, Good Night and Thank You


1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings to you and your family. Praise god for the new members of your church.