Thursday, November 22, 2018

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY 2018


I am so very very thankful  this year for all the undeserved blessing God has given me and my family.

Hubbie and I got to sleep as late as we dared this morning with all the animals waiting for their breakfast. The sun was shining and the morning was already warming up when we got out to do the chores.
I decided this morning to turn all the guineas out of their pen. I have been alternating keeping a couple up during the day to keep the others close so we will see if the schedule they have been on for months changes when they are all out roaming free around the farm.
I came inside and had breakfast then made a list of things I needed for today's Thanksgiving meal and hubbie and I went to the grocery store.
We came home and I got the 7-layer salad made and put downstairs in the frig then we had some of the left over collard greens and sweet potatoes for lunch. Hubbie went outside to work some more on getting the leaves blown out of the yard since the rain is supposed to move back in tomorrow night.
I rested and kept my sore foot up for a while then it was time to put the turkey in the oven and get the sweet potatoes baking  and the eggs boiling.
I cleaned the kitchen and changed to the Thanksgiving placemats on both tables.
I made a sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs then went out to get the chores done. Then we made green beans, mashed potatoes , dressing and gravy with iced sweet tea to drink. I put an apple pie in the oven to bake while we ate the main course.
Daughter's family came in first and then #1 son's family came . D-in-love brought her delicious corn pudding in to add to the menu.
We had so much food and I was so hungry since I haven't eaten since before noon today.
#2 son and Tif made it a little late and Tif brought in 2 delicious pies to add to the desserts, a pecan/coconut and an apple pie were so good !!!
We all ate waaaay too much and I felt like a stuffed turkey all evening as we visited and watched a UNC / Texas basketball game on TV which UNC lost for their first loss of the season.
The kids all had fun playing in the play room and even g-son played just like he used to with some of his old toys.
It was a great way to end a very thankful Thanksgiving day.
My "Thanksgiving" cactus doesn't have as many blooms this years as usual.

I am so thankful for all the blessings of this day and I pray that God is glorified in every way on this day and every day.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

Nothing better than Thanksgiving with family. Hubby and I also ate way too much. Blessings