Wednesday, November 28, 2018

COLDEST MORNING AND MORE DECORATING

Amen.....
Up to the coldest morning of the season at 20 degrees and dealing with solid frozen water buckets all around brought back bad memories from last winter.
At least we aren't dealing with this amount of snow that fell in Buncombe county and places higher up.
 Mount Mitchell was at 2 degrees this morning !!!

I got back inside just in time to load both girls up and head out to RL's preschool. IR had to go with us today because hubbie has his annual physical appointment at 9:20 this morning in Asheville.
IR is always happy to get to go along with RL to her classroom and was leading the way today as we walked in.

It's harder for RL on the days IR is along because she wants to go home and play with her.
IR and I came home and she missed RL so much that she kept hugging this interactive bear and calling her by RL's name.


Hubbie came in with a good report from his doctor and an idea for some joint pain help on the meds the doctor himself takes called Phi Naturals.  We are definitely looking these up to order some.
Once he got settled with IR I got my baking started. I baked 3 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies today was all as I expect tomorrow with another low 20's temp will be very slow.
We all had lunch then I started more decorating. I changed my mind about what ornaments to put on the new small tree beside my computer and replaced the larger homemade angels with my collection of Avon ornaments that were dated with each year I sold Avon.
With help from IR and hubbie I took the empty containers back to the storage shed and got the remainder of the decorations to go through.



I decorated all afternoon while IR napped and then her and hubbie went out to let the dogs run for a few minutes as it hasn't warmed up very much today even with the sunshine. I am really enjoying the decorating this year I think in part that this extra week after Thanksgiving gave me more time and it is more fun not to need to hurry. I put a deadline of the end of the first week in December to have everything out that I am going to put out so I can have plenty of time to just sit and enjoy the season.
About 4:00 I took a break from decorating and played with IR while hubbie went back outside to get his chores done and get firewood in for the night. I felt like I needed a boost this afternoon so I had a cup of this and it really hit the spot on a cold afternoon.

I had gotten out this little cloth Christmas tree that all the kids have played with and it was IR's turn this year to enjoy playing with it.


Then it was my turn to get out in the cold and get my chores done. All the waterers were already frozen back with the sun going down and the animals acted glad to be shut up in their warmer houses for the night.
The sun made a colorful sight as it slipped behind the mountain tops tonight.


It felt good to get settled back in the warmth to watch the news.
Daughter picked IR up and then hubbie and I had a snack supper.
I went into my office and did weekly paperwork and paid bills for the week before watching Survivor on TV. Since it was a 2 hour show tonight the last hour I watched from the kitchen while I wrapped and cut cakes and got things ready for market. It's too cold tonight to load things so hubbie is getting up a little earlier in the morning to get loaded before the kids get here.
The warm bath and bed felt good on this cold already mid 20's night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: