Saturday, November 10, 2018

COLD WINDY MARKET SATURDAY

Amen.....

Brrrr ! I heard the wind whipping even before it was time to get up this morning. The 31 degree temp really felt brutal with the whipping wind as I got chores done. At least the sun is shining and the animals acted like they were glad to see it.
I layered on clothing this morning for the first time this season and was very glad when we arrived at market and the heaters weren't working. My new table location next to the door means I need to dress warmer .

Market was unexpectedly busy today thankfully. With these first few days of sales in this usually slow month of November we are on tract for sales to be higher than October this year. I also picked up several more orders for Thanksgiving today.
I had a last minute run on my baked goods so I was a little late leaving market but got to come straight home today without any stops.
Hubbie was blowing leaves so I drove straight up to his shop so he could put air in both my back tires as each cold morning the indicators for low tires come on. They each had only 30 lbs of air in them and needed 35lbs so hopefully the Christmas tree of warning lights won't come up on the dashboard any more.
Hubbie came back down to the house and helped me unload. He went back to blowing more leaves and I cleaned around the wood stove downstairs as we will have our first fire tonight down there when the temps go to the low 20's.

I think this is late in the year for our first fire.
I also turned off the outside water spigot and drained the hose.
The high temperature today was only 43 so it is feeling like winter already very quickly.
For something inside to do on a cold afternoon while #1 son changed the pressure switch on their  well pump d-in-love took the kids to a movie. This was g-daughter RL's first movie and she enjoyed the Grinch very much. D-in-love said she only moved around a few times but mostly was fascinated.


Daughter had a basketball scrimmage all day and son-in-love took IR to his parents house to spend the day and of course #1 son and Tif both had to work delivering mail so everyone had a busy Saturday.
We did chores and then hubbie helped me move all the Silkie chickens into the much warmer and safer green house /chicken house for the winter months.
Yesterday I saw a huge Red Tailed hawk flying over the yard and the netting over the Silkie lot is torn in several places and is getting very sagged with wet leaves so rather than buy new netting for the winter and have the leaves and snow tear it down and rip it they can spend winter in the green house.
We were after dark getting all this finished and were ready for a hot drink when we got inside.
We spent the evening enjoying the first wood stove warmth and getting an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the opportunity to freely worship my Heavenly Father tomorrow with my church family.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: